itrek is expanding beyond its strong history of institutional giving to build a robust individual donor base and seeks a motivated and experienced Major Gifts Officer. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer (CGO), the Major Gifts Officer will cultivate, solicit, and steward donors, focusing on four and five-figure gifts. Collaborating within a fast-paced, growing organization, the Major Gifts Officer will develop multiple strategies for cultivation and solicitation, implement all aspects of moves management and oversee a portfolio of donors and prospects in key demographic areas. This position will provide account management and relationship management support to both the CEO & CGO in managing their specific donor portfolios. In addition, the position is responsible for planning and implementing small scale events for donors and prospects.
The Major Gifts Officer will have experience collaborating with both senior level professionals as well as engaged lay leaders and board members. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, energetic, collaborative, and goal-oriented fundraiser who doesn’t shy away from a challenge. They have an ability to deeply empathize with donors, communicate itrek’s work in a compelling manner, and effortlessly move from high-level strategic thinking to frontline solicitation.
Individual Giving and Stewardship (60%)
- Identify, develop, and maintain a personal portfolio of major donors through cultivation, direct solicitations, and stewardship. (Note: itrek defines a major donor as a contribution of $5k and above)
- To grow the individual giving function, meets monthly and quarterly benchmarks. Manages an existing portfolio of about $125-175k from approximately 50 donors with a strong prospect pipeline. In collaboration with the CGO, CEO and Board, works to double the fundraising achievements within a year.
- Establish and maintain ongoing donor and prospect relationships by phone/Zoom, written communication, and personal contact; create and execute personalized communications and engagement plans for each donor and prospect
- Organize compelling funder briefings (Zoom, written, and visual) in collaboration with the marketing and development teams
- Work with development colleagues to screen and prepare profiles of current and prospective donors
- Track and report progress in Salesforce using specific metrics
Major Donor and Development Strategy (40%)
- Design and implement an effective major gift donor program, including setting goals and strategies to expand, cultivate, solicit, and steward the donor base
- Work with the development team to refine research, data entry, and acknowledgment processes as needed
- Assist the CEO, CGO, Board, and itrek team members with their portfolios and solicitations (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic thought partnership, and help with donor communications)
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience, including successful relationship building with high-level donors
- Comfort and proven track record as a frontline solicitor, with demonstrated success in closing four and five-figure individual gifts and above
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in major gift fundraising, including donor research, cultivation, and stewardship
- Well-organized multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced bias-towards-action environment
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- Experience with donor database management software (e.g. Salesforce) and prospect research/wealth screening
- Proven understanding of the Jewish community’s philanthropic landscape in the US
- Passion for itrek’s mission
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% within the US, and to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision and Dental Plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401k
Salary range $90,000-$110,000; commensurate with experience
itrek is a hybrid work environment with a minimum of two days per week in the office. To be employed by itrek you must be fully vaccinated and to work in the office/attend in-person company events, you either need to be up-to-date with your booster shot or comply with a testing requirement.
For this position itrek is working with a search partner.
TO APPLY: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS.