Congregation Beth Yeshurun, a vibrant Conservative synagogue in Houston, TX that serves nearly 2,000 families, is searching for an outgoing, dynamic, energetic individual to serve as the Program Associate. This full time position is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of programming for youth (tweens and teens).
Objective of Program Associate:
- To grow our informal youth programming to engage congregants within our synagogue membership in meaningful activities with their peers in an environment that is grounded in Jewish life.
- To foster a greater sense of connection among the youth.
- To help develop leadership qualities in youth by encouraging active student leaders to play an integral part in the planning and implementation of events.
- To increase the pathways to engagement for our tweens and teens.
- Establish and build relationships with the synagogue youth in the community.
- Be available and excited to meet teens both in the building and outside of the building at times and places that work for them (i.e. meet at Starbucks after school).
Program Creation & Calendar
- Create, oversee and administer all aspects of youth programming including creation of annual calendar of dynamic programs and activities in collaboration with Education Director and Program Director. Programs would include community service projects, social events, holiday programs, targeted group activities.
- Seek out new avenues to engage our tweens and teens, and create opportunities based on needs that arise.
Administration of Programs
- Oversee administration of youth programming events including but not limited to: staffing, logistics, registration, facilities set-up, and budget.
- Supervise and facilitate all such programs.
- Ensure all events are published and publicized to targeted populations via synagogue calendar, Facebook, Instagram, e-mail, texting, flyers, etc.
- Serve as Beth Yeshurun liaison to community youth groups.
Qualifications & Education
- Passion for building meaningful relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Leadership skills and capacity to serve as a positive role model
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage collaborative programs and initiatives
- Strong planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability.
- Proficiency in utilizing social media and technology for engagement and collaboration.
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and customs.
- Bachelor’s Degree - degrees in Education, Jewish Studies, or another relevant area is a plus
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- The Program Associate will be directly responsible to both the Education Director and Program Director.
Please send resumes to Sheryl Eskowitz, Education Director, at [email protected]