UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Development Executive is responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising strategies and goals focused on their assigned communities/cohorts in Westchester. Responsibilities include research, engagement, cultivation, solicitation of funds, implementation of cultivation and fundraising events, committee and board meetings, educational projects, and volunteer opportunities. This position is also responsible for supporting the coordination, development, and implementation of all regionals programs as appropriate, as well as collaborating on other projects, such as the Celebration Journal.
- Expand community development through outreach to prospects and donors in specified community or cohort.
- Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase the dollars raised for the annual campaign from community members.
- Strengthen leadership in communities/cohorts through leadership education, board development and meeting planning.
- Serve on the Celebration Team as the lead on the event journal working with journal chairs to secure ads and increase revenue.
- Employ a variety of fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitations, fundraising events, door openers, worker assignments, phone sessions, and written communications.
- Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York through one-on-one and group cultivation activities, fundraising events, educational programs, mitzvah projects, agency visits, and missions.
- Identify and collaborate with lay leaders, inspiring them to serve as ambassadors for UJA-Federation to build new personal and business connected relationships.
- Organize both in person and virtual, small and large-scale fundraising, and outreach events for community or cohort donors as well as those to be developed through outreach, research, and engagement.
- Innovate, expand and execute current annual events and or new programs to increase dollars and donors together with leadership.
- Encourage leadership participation to agency site visits, volunteer activities, and missions.
- Involve lay leadership in a strategic and intentional manner.
- Support appropriate lay committees, including agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow-up.
- Provide proficiency in event management, including recruitment, fundraising, and working with event managers and marketing.
- Develop and implement a plan for post-event follow-up, including contacting and meeting with prospects and new donors.
- Participate in staff meetings and collaborate with Westchester staff and other fundraising divisions to develop and implement strategies involving donors across community lines.
- Work in collaboration with professionals in other divisions, affinities, and regions, supporting their initiatives including events, missions, and honoring opportunities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three-plus years of post-college knowledge and experience in fundraising and/or related areas; face-to-face and phone solicitations preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship-building skills, and customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission.
- Team player with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills including the art of listening.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter.
The salary range for this role is $72,000 to $75,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.