This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced development leader to play a pivotal role in helping drive the overall philanthropic support and reach of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh as they continue to cultivate resources, connect people, and collaborate across the community to live and fulfill Jewish values. With record-breaking fundraising in place – a total of $42.8 million across all income streams last year– the Vice President of Development and Foundation will be joining the Federation at an exciting moment in their ongoing journey to achieve their vision of a flourishing Jewish community where everyone feels included, supported, and inspired.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President & Chief Development Officer, the Vice President of Development and Foundation will be responsible for growing all aspects of its diverse portfolio of funding streams with a keen focus on growing the Foundation beyond the $320 million in assets currently under management. The Vice President will serve as the lead professional in growing the Foundation’s assets, including unrestricted and Donor Advised Funds. The Vice President will also cultivate, steward and solicit a portfolio of prospective and current donors for endowment, campaign and all other relevant streams with an emphasis on foundation fundraising.
With a transformative strategic plan in place, the Vice President will be joining the Federation during an exciting time marked by an eagerness to embrace new approaches that strengthen fundraising and the Federation’s corresponding impact. Importantly, the Vice President of Development will play a central role in conceptualizing and building a new Center for Philanthropic Impact to attract and serve high net-worth families and help them reach their philanthropic goals through the Foundation.
Working in close partnership with the Chief Development Officer, the Vice President will support the design and execution of a comprehensive and diversified development plan with a significant focus on foundation, as well as community campaign, supplemental giving, corporate sponsorship, and government funding. In doing so, the Vice President will develop and oversee a high-functioning, collaborative, and truly integrated team consisting of a group of diverse and talented professionals committed to measurable and meaningful impact. The Vice President will lead the integration of the financial resource development team, cultivating a culture of collaboration aimed at achieving the Federation’s ambitious goals.
As a key leader within the financial resource development team, the Vice President, with the support of a team of 18 talented development professionals, will assist the Federation in advancing its strategic priorities, thoughtfully engaging its stakeholders, and enhancing its overall fundraising efforts to achieve its mission and vision. The Vice President must bring a keen appreciation of the mission and vision of the Federation and the critical role it plays in the Jewish communities it serves in Pittsburgh and around the world, as well as embrace the Federation’s core values around diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion.
The successful candidate will bring passion and dedication for the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh’s mission and vision along with at least 10 years of successful development, planned giving and leadership experience, including the management of front-line fundraising professionals involved in cause-related philanthropy.
Specific qualifications include:
- Strong commitment to the mission and work of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh coupled with the ability to compellingly convey the mission, impact, and needs across the community.
- Proven track record in endowment fundraising results in a goal-oriented environment, including successful track record of closing current and/or deferred major gifts of $100,000+.
- Lead a team of high-performing fundraisers providing professional development opportunities and coaching.
- A results-driven leader with exemplary organizational skills necessary to plan and implement strategic initiatives as well as inspire and motivate others.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, maturity, and sound judgement necessary for engaging with a broad set of constituents including donors, volunteers, board members, and staff.
- High-level strategic and visionary leader with excellent communication skills.
- Strong cultural competency skills, and proven commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- An innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions as well as take initiative and integrate and lead teams.
- Exceptional administrative and management skills related to staff management, partnership cultivation, budgetary oversight and data gathering/analysis, and stakeholder communications.
- Ability to offer feedback, support, and infrastructure to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Flexible perspective and ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, transparency, and accountability in all actions.
Law Degree preferred with background in estate planning and tax law, or comparable graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., Tax Accounting, Public Administration, business, non-profit management) or equivalent professional experience in planned giving and endowment required. CFRE or CAP certification is a plus.
Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience within the range of $170,000 - $190,000.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Statement of EEO and Inclusion
The Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employment and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any genetic information. Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at [email protected]