Who We Are:
Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 150 communities in over 40 countries, and we’re still growing!
Due to recent promotions, the Moishe House team is searching for a West Coast Community Manager located in our Encinitas Hub Office or remotely in Denver or Las Vegas, to serve as the direct connection between community builders (Residents) and Moishe House. Overseeing houses and pods, the West Coast Community Manager serves as a subject matter expert for the West and provides direct support to growing Moishe House communities. This individual will work directly with our community builders, coaching, mentoring, and enabling them to be leaders in creating meaningful, welcoming experiences that serve the young adult Jewish community in their local areas.
The West Coast Community Manager role is responsible for supporting about 12 Houses and 35-40 community builders to achieve program goals, recruit new community builders, efficiently complete administrative tasks, connect residents to resources and other Moishe House opportunities, and develop a strong knowledge base about young adult life in their regional communities. The West Coast Community Manager is a member of the Resident Support team and reports to the Associate Director, House and Pod Programs.
All voices are needed at Moishe House (please see our identity statements for more detail). Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You’re a great mentor and facilitator. You’ll guide Moishe House residents in your region to create meaningful, well attended events and strong communities through brainstorming, training, setting and achieving goals, celebrating success, problem-solving, and creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with community members and local partners. (30%)
- You’re a strong networker. You enjoy learning about people and what motivates them. You’ll develop individual relationships with Moishe House residents through remote interactions, site visits, and facilitating skills development. You’ll partner with our Expansion team to recruit residents for new and existing Moishe Houses through your social networks and by building connections in your region. (40%).
- You’re organized and a problem solver. You’ll manage the administrative tasks that enable dozens of community builders to create hundreds of gatherings, evaluate and create plans to mitigate risk, and work on several projects at once. Your written, analytical, and organizational skills are just as strong as your verbal ones. (20%)
- You’ve got a variety of skills and love a fast-paced opportunity. You’ll lead/facilitate special projects based on departmental need, your expertise, and your interests such as: facilitating sessions at conferences or retreats, growing your understanding of young adult activities in your region, and improving departmental processes. (10%)
- You have a four-year college degree or equivalent years of additional work experience. Four additional full-time years of professional experience may be substituted for the degree.
- You have at least three years of full-time professional experience. Moishe House seeks employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences that can serve our community builders.
- You demonstrate intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Suite and other office management tools. Experience with SalesForce and Monday.com preferred.
- You embrace and effectively demonstrate the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You’re flexible with your work hours, working shortened daytime office hours with some nights and weekends as needed.
- You have eligibility to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- You are able to travel as needed within your region.
The Fine Print:
This is a full-time position, requires weekday hours, with occasional weekend and evening hours to complete job requirements. This position reports to the Associate Director, House and Pod Programs.
This position is based in our Hub Office in Encinitas or remotely in Denver or Las Vegas. Our team works a hybrid schedule at our Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers the rest of the week.
Moishe House requires "full vaccination" for all staff to travel, work in offices, and participate in any Moishe House group gatherings. We use the CDC's definition of "full vaccination" as the standard, with variations based on country as needed.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Healthcare: Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Time off: 15 days paid time off (PTO) (used as needed for personal, vacation, and sick days) per year that increases with continued employment (additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance) PLUS office closures and up to 7 floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- 401(k): up to 3% matching after one year of employment
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Quarterly paid day of service to give back to your community
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
- Hybrid structure with 3 days in-office and 2 work-from-home, with schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
How Moishe House Pays You:
Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and skillset required for each role.
- The starting salary range for this full-time, exempt position is:
- Encinitas Hub and Denver: $60,000 - $64,000
- Las Vegas and all other locations: $56,000 – $60,000
- Annual merit-based salary increases
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- $750 USD annual professional development fund
- Jewish Learning Collaborative: one-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through career path planning
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
- Paid work travel with perks including travel allowance, fitness classes, and accommodations
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.