Since our founding in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) has been at the forefront of the American Jewish experience. As we approach our third century, our vision is focused on the spiritual work of transformation and on the creation of a Jewish path that is authentic, profound, and helps all members of our community seek and live their purpose to the fullest.
As part of the newly expanded communications team, the Digital Communications Associate will help with day-to-day operational needs of the department including building congregational emails, implementing website updates, and maintaining event registration systems.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications, this position will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, Assistant Manager of Copy and Communications, other Digital Communications Associate, and Art Director.
BJ offers a hybrid work environment for most roles within the organization, however there are certain days where all staff are expected on-campus weekly or monthly.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to
- Assist marketing and communications team in its day-to-day operations to support communications needs of each BJ department
- Support the director of marketing and communications on projects and organizational priorities
- Create and schedule congregational emails in Mailchimp, including managing edits and approvals from coworkers, scheduling and sending
- Create events on the website, build registration pages for said events, and share registration data with appropriate team members
- Implement website updates
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and exercise quality control on all copy, while maintaining BJ’s brand voice and presence, often with a quick turnaround
- Define audiences and customize copy and content to those channels or groups
- Ensure internal and external content aligns with BJ’s key organizational priorities
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in communications or marketing, preferred
- Advanced computer proficiency required. Familiarity with some or all of: WordPress, basic HTML, Mailchimp, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and Salesforce.
- Granular attention to detail, grammar, and syntax
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Creative, resourceful self-starter with an ability to work independently and to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines. Experience with Monday.com, Airtable, and Zapier is a plus.
- Willingness to adjust hours based on seasonal needs (ie. at times working evenings and weekends, and during the High Holy Days)
- Jewish knowledge is helpful but not required
Personal Qualities and Values
- High emotional intelligence and maturity
- Seeks out professional development opportunities and training
- Relational orientation and team player
- Strong business acumen
- Affinity for problem solving by collecting relevant information and applying your understanding
- Professional presentation and socially adept
- Recognizing and anticipating communications needs
- Flexibility, willingness to listen effectively, and to seek and receive feedback
- Humble confidence, openness to being mentored
- Sense of humor!
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position (overtime eligible), with a salary range of $34,000 to $55,000. Salary will be based on experience level. BJ offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday (national and Jewish) pay, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Physical demands include dexterity for office machine/supply operation including but not limited to computer, telephone, copy machine, and printers. Stooping, bending, and reaching for and carrying files or supplies, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Digital Comms Associate.”
B’nai Jeshurun is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in recognition of our values, commitment to social justice, and responsibility to our spiritual leaders and staff, congregants, and the communities within which we live and work. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, veterans, immigrants, and LGBTQ+ applicants.