Congregation Kehillath Israel (“KI”) is one of the country’s most storied and inclusive Conservative congregations, serving over 400 families from an exceptional multi-use campus in the heart of Brookline, Massachusetts. Starting in 2016, KI embarked on a massive, thoughtful, and pioneering building renovation. Its 384 Harvard Street campus is now home to 5 prayer communities, several social service and civic organizations, a modern senior living community, an innovation lab, a scalable social hall, as well as a socially progressive, accommodating early education center and religious school. KI’s innovative endeavor is so unique that it is a case study for Harvard Business School. KI’s recently constructed campus is redefining the community of faith in the 21st century.
KI’s vision for the future of its campus is to be more than a site for prayer, but also Boston’s Jewish hub for arts, culture, music, continued learning, and community gathering.
KI seeks a dynamic and innovative full-time Office Manager who will operate a warm and friendly, high-functioning, accurate, and fast paced office. This role reports to KI’s Executive Director and it includes overseeing office support and maintenance staff. While consistent on-campus presence is essential, KI’s Office Manager will have some flexibility to work remotely as well.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person, by email, or on the telephone; answering and/or referring inquiries
- Be main point of contact for coordination of life cycle events, holiday programs, Shabbat organization, and building rentals
- Maintain integrity of data in donor database/CRM (ShulCloud)
- Execute office mailings (email, email marketing, and regular mail), including semiweekly newsletters, donation acknowledgement letters, and fundraising appeal letters/solicitations
- Work with and assist staff and board members in their duties including development, fundraising, capital campaign, publicity, marketing, building maintenance, programming, and volunteer management
- Interact frequently with campus organizations ensuring positive working relationships and successful partnerships
- Work with and coordinate vendors for purchases and services (printing and bulk mailing, trash, alarm, security, supplies, cleaning, etc.) and maintain inventory of all supplies
- Maintain organized office and perform various office administrative tasks
- Complete weekly remote check, credit card, and cash deposits and update CRM accordingly
- Build and maintain detailed reports on several business units and fundraising initiatives
- Manage organizational calendar (prayer, campus partners, staffing, events, meetings, etc.)
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Superb telephone, written, and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and customer focus
- Experience with any type of CRM or donor database
- Team player
- 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Customer service experience
- Previous work in a "client facing" office, house of worship, and/or museum setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of Jewish practice, rituals, and culture
Salary is very competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email resume and letter of introduction to [email protected]. Use subject line "Office Manager".
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Congregation Kehillath Israel (“KI”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. KI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of KI’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.