Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Pay: $47,000-$52,000 annually based on experience (year one), $47,000-$52,000 annually plus performance-based raise (year two) *state-minimum salaries where applicable
*2-year Fellowship program with the ability to apply for permanent roles after fellowship completion.
* Israel/International Travel extension in year 2, end date no later than August 15th, 2025
Are you ready to launch your career in an organization that values community, is guided by Jewish values, and ensures our newest professionals have a head-start in a competitive job market? Are you interested in travelling and learning new skills to use inside or out of the Jewish professional space? Are you hoping to effectively build your global network quicky while doing great work in the world? If so, read on because BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our inaugural BBYO Genesis Fellowship program.
BBYO fellows play a key role in the success of BBYO by working closely with teens in cities across the United States to create strong programs, develop leadership skills, and make their chapters great. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact by engaging with and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet, and you like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality, and you love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
We’re a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens during the school year with 600 teen-led local chapters and over 100 weekend retreats along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, global travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and every day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and results driven.
What You’ll Get to Do as a BBYO Fellow:
- Work directly with teens (grades 8-12) to create impactful, fun and dynamic programs
- Mentor teens and deliver leadership training
- Work with teens to attract and retain members to build and grow chapters
- Guide teens in establishing an annual calendar for each chapter that drives engagement and recruitment through meaningful programming
- Build and maintain relationships with all key community stakeholders
- Recruit new members to join BBYO and to attend summer programs
- Facilitate the planning process, alongside teen leadership, and colleagues, for regional programs including overnight conventions
- Work alongside colleagues to bring new, innovative, and fun ideas to the community
- Attend summer camp (but this time you’re in charge!) as you direct teen leadership programs
- Manage the region’s email inbox and assist with mass communication tools including but not limited to council emails, social media, and phone follow-ups
- Track regional data such as membership, prospects, and program logistics
What You’ll Learn and Experience as a BBYO Fellow:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR, and event planning
- Rotate within a variety of BBYO departments to learn different areas of the business and build your resume
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities
- Receive private professional coaching and cohort experience
- Israel Journey
- 0-3 years of work experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with youth or teens is preferred
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible in geographic placement. Placements will be communicated by April 30th, 2023.
- Attend BBYO’s staff conference each year and staff BBYO’s International Convention each year.
- Ability to travel as needed and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks during summer 2023.
- Ability to travel as needed and to staff a summer leadership program in Israel. for 2-3 weeks during summer 2024. Fellows will staff BBYO’s Israel Journey teen trip, and then stay for a cohort experience.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function with or without reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
Benefits of Working for BBYO:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 2.5x Salary Life Insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 22 Paid Secular and Jewish Holidays
- Flexible Work Environment
- Generous 403b and Roth Retirement Plan with Vested Match
You’ll find friends, mentors, and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, bring out the best in others, and, most important, be yourself.
We are committed to enhancing the Jewish experience, valuing diversity, providing equal opportunity, and maintaining an environment free from discrimination or harassment. BBYO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity by complying with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type in the workplace. Thus, BBYO strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law in all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including without limitation, recruiting, hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, training, wage and salary, benefits, discipline, and termination.