The School Receptionist is a member of the Operational Team and reports to the Director of Business Operations. In this position, the person is the welcoming “face” of the school; therefore, needs to be highly organized and a strong communicator with customer service experience. This individual must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to work independently and operate with a high attention to detail. A great deal of flexibility and a “can-do” attitude are essential to meet the needs of a large community. This position is a year-round position at the school.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet all incoming students, families and guests respectfully and professionally.
- Maintain employee and department directories as well as building maps; provide clear direction to all visitors.
- Answer phone calls in a pleasant, informed manner for the purpose of providing information and creating a good image of the school.
- Maintain the reception area in a clean and orderly fashion; ensure shared resources are available.
- Maintain student attendance records in the Student Information System.
- Oversee Dismissal Management Software. Responsibilities include managing daily dismissal plans, notifications, annual rollover and troubleshooting family and employee issues.
- Maintain Certificate of Insurance binder for all third party vendors.
- Oversee Lost & Found items; organize items for return and/or prepare for donation.
- Sort and distribute mail to each department and oversee postal system changes based on the school calendar.
- Oversee monitor in the reception area; edit messaging as appropriate.
- Update, prepare and distribute emergency binders at the start of each school year.
- Partner with the security team to assist in management of the Security calendar.
- Manage telephone message systems.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Protect the organization by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Potential candidates will need to be at school from 7:00am until 4:00pm (flexible scheduling available on non-student days and during the summer months).
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work activities.
- Be able to anticipate potential problems and suggest and/or implement solutions; with approval from management.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and enjoy the challenges of working in a busy school environment.
- Must have solid computer skills and experience with various software applications.
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills.