If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world!
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit a Young Leadership Fundraiser based in Scottsdale or Phoenix. You will be charged with growing the local JNFuture community across Phoenix which features a dynamic group of passionate young professionals (ages 22-40) through new programming, strategic planning and local partnerships.
A typical day isn't just in the office. It will include identifying prospective donors, meeting face-to-face and sharing the JNF story, program management, and leadership development to help the organization meet and exceed our goals. A flexible work schedule to meet the needs of your donors. With over twenty chapters across the country and growing, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a national movement of young Zionists who are changing Israel forever.
This is an opportunity to grow the presence of Jewish National Fund across Phoenix. You will become part of a strong community with your peers that work with their chapters across the country.
You will work out of the Scottsdale office and will be expected to travel throughout the region on a regular basis.
You will have the exposure to an international community that is supporting the growth and development of Israel. There is potential for international travel to Israel. You will be expected to travel to trainings, conferences, and meetings around the country when needed.
- Solicit donations from current and new donors between the ages of 22 - 40
- Prospect potential new donors using various direct methods (such as calling and face-to-face meetings), networking, mining the salesforce database, utilizing social media sites, and research.
- In partnership with the local board presidents, guide and assist the JNFuture Boards and leadership throughout Phoenix.
- Work alongside the events and marketing team to plan and execute all local JNFuture events and programs, in person and virtually.
- Be a voice for the young professional community and work with the Arizona and Southwest Campaign professionals to develop programming targeted towards that audience.
- Represent JNF at various events to bring new donors into the fold and identify partnership opportunities.
- Recruit JNFuture donors for JNF tours and missions to Israel
- Weekly JNFuture team calls
- Weekly Southwest team calls
- One on ones with supervisor
- The Campaign Professional should have at least 1-3 years of related fundraising experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong attention to details and the ability to balance a variety of tasks and deadlines.
- Creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and organizational skills
- A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
- Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented; ability and desire to set and reach ambitious goals.
- Ability to respect and maintain donor confidentiality.
- Travel limited mostly to the Southwest and Israel on occasion except for National Conference, JNF University, JLIS
- Nonprofit boards and/or committees experience a plus.
- Salesforce data management experience a plus.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $55,000-65,000
WHAT WE DO
Jewish National Fund strives to bring an enhanced quality of life to all of Israel's residents and translate these advancements to the world beyond. JNF is "greening" the desert with millions of trees, building thousands of parks across Israel, creating new communities and cities for generations of Israelis to call home, bolstering Israel's water supply, helping develop innovative arid agriculture techniques and educating both young and old about the founding and importance of Israel and Zionism. JNF is the single largest provider of Zionist programs in the U.S. Its work is divided into seven program areas: Forestry & Green Innovations, Water Solutions, Community Building, Zionist Education & Advocacy, Research & Development, Heritage Sites, and Disabilities & Special Needs.
SINCE 1901, JNF HAS:
• Planted more than 250 million trees
• Built over 250 reservoirs and dams
• Developed over 250,000 acres of land
• Created more than 2,000 parks
• Provided the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities
• Connected thousands of children and young adults to Israel and their heritage
Jewish National Fund prides itself on honoring the pioneers of the past and celebrating their spirit by continuing the pioneering tradition in the areas of technology, environmental progress, community development, water renewal and building the land of Israel for many years to come.
Jewish National Fund affirms the bonds of the Jewish family with their strength of unity, the understanding that each member can make a difference and the collective power to build prosperity, develop innovative solutions and promote the greater good.
OUR CREDENTIALS & PARTNERSHIPS
A registered 501(c)(3) organization, Jewish National Fund is recognized as a 4-star organization by Charity Navigator, America's leading independent charity evaluator, for its sound fiscal management, accountability, and transparency. JNF has also been rated a top charity by the American Institute of Philanthropy and meets the 20 rigorous standards of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance, and the transparency standards of Tzedakah, Inc. No other Jewish organization meets all these standards.
We are ViZion-driven relationship-based, fast-paced, and Positively Israel!
OUR CORE VALUES
Be Bold: Beyond. We are proud and passionate, vocal, and visionary about Israel and Zionism. We pride ourselves on our out-of-the-box thinking and the great things it accomplishes for the land and with the people of Israel.
Belong: Stay long. We are an inclusive and diverse workplace welcoming and respecting all cultures, ages, religions, ethnicities, genders, orientations, and physical abilities. Understanding that a work-life balance is crucial to the success of our organization, we are empathetic, understanding, caring, appreciative, and respectful of one another as we strive to develop and retain our professionals and donors for the long-run.
Be Inscribed: Be the Impact. To walk in the land of Israel and see the impact of our work instills the greatest sense of fulfillment. We strive for each employee to make their mark, leave their footprint, be heard, and feel relevant as together we help ensure the vibrancy of Israel for the next 100 years. We plant the future, not just trees.
Be Kind: Act with Chesed. At JNF-USA we do not underestimate the power of kindness. We use recognition and praise to motivate teams, individuals, donors, and stakeholders. We are proud of our please and thank you's. We listen and lend a helping hand when a co-worker is challenged. Whether random or deliberate acts, kindness is a key ingredient to our positive workplace and mindset.
B'Yachad: Together. Great collaboration between our employees, donors and affiliates in Israel is a priority: everyone matters no matter their role. We recognize that open and inspirational communication, teamwork, and collegiality is a force multiplier in reaching our goals, mission, and vision. Jewish National Fund-USA exemplifies the power of unity.