Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming, inspiring and saving lives in the Palm Beaches and 70 countries around the world. Each year, Jewish Federation inspires thousands of community members to contribute, volunteer and participate in programs that generate more than $30 million to leading a powerful impact in the community.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County seeks a dynamic, outgoing individual to support the comprehensive Annual, targeted, and legacy campaigns. The Development Officer will implement programs and engagement activities tailored to specific residential gated communities. The Palm Beach Jewish community is in a pivotal moment of historic growth and the Development Officer will cultivate donor relationships and help develop one of the most exclusive and fastest growing fundraising campaigns in the country. Responsibilities include fundraising, outreach, education, and donor engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate and manage various aspects of campaign development in assigned residential or club communities within Palm Beach County.
- Develop collaborative relationships with volunteer leadership, plan and implement committee meetings.
- Create and implement a strategic plan to grow campaign participation and organizational involvement.
- Cultivate and solicit gifts from prospective and current donors using various methods of outreach, steward relationships.
- Using internal donor management software, reports, and Microsoft programs, manage and track donor relationships and campaign results.
- Inspire and engage community members though communications, educational programs, and donor events.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the development team as well as outside departments in a professional and respectful manner.
- Promote the mission of the Federation through community outreach and outstanding donor service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in a professional field required, fundraising or non-profit experience preferred, or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop excellent relationships with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Knowledge of the local, Jewish community preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use fundraising databases, excel, word processing and other basic programs.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to promote the mission of the Federation.
- Ability to work under high pressure and very busy situations, handle many projects simultaneously, meet timelines and budget.
- Ability to work independently to reach goals and collaborate with colleagues.
- Passion to help the local community and create relationships.
- Model a personal commitment to the Jewish community and Jewish values; ability to ground relationships with donors and prospective donors in Jewish culture and values.
- Self-starter who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently as well as with senior leaders, volunteers, and other members of the team.
- Comfortable with donor solicitation.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and adapting to rapidly changing priorities and needs.
- Must be able to pass Level 1 background check.
- Must maintain valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must be able to work off-shift hours including nights and weekends, as needed.
Position is eligible to work from home occasionally in accordance with Federation policies. When working from home, employee must:
- Follow all Federation policies and procedures,
- Be available to other employees during Federation’s normal business hours,
- Not work from a public place (e.g., coffee shop, library, etc.) and/or join a public, unsecure wi-fi network when working with sensitive or confidential information,
- Coordinate with IT department to maintain appropriate computer equipment and connectivity.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time at the Federation’s discretion. Employment is at-will, and this job description is not an employment contract and nothing herein shall be deemed to create in any way whatsoever an employment contract.
To apply online, please visit our career’s page. Or email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
NO CALLS, PLEASE.