Congregation Bet Haverim is a vibrant, Reconstructionist synagogue founded in 1985 by lesbians and gay men and embracing all Jews and their loved ones. Our mission is to promote a bold and expansive Jewish identity and culture emphasizing inclusivity, creativity, spirituality and social justice as we uphold our commitment to serve the LGBTQ and allied community. Our community today is made up of 350+ diverse households: we are gay, straight, and all over the gender continuum; we are ethnically diverse; we are learners and mavens, skeptics and spiritualists. Learn more about CBH at www.congregationbethaverim.org
We are seeking a Programming & Membership Associate to spearhead relational membership inreach & outreach, oversee qualitative aspects of our membership CRM, and assist with programming efforts. The Membership Associate will work closely with the Executive Director to oversee membership relations, as well as the Event Manager to assist with in-person and virtual programming efforts. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, detail oriented, personable, dedicated member of our small team.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree considered favorably.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate to a broad variety of people
- Exceptional organizational and reporting skills
The Program & Membership Associate will regularly be available on most Friday evenings and some Saturday mornings to execute Shabbat services and other occasional holidays and gatherings on various evenings/weekends. In this capacity, the Program & Membership Associate will work closely with and take the lead from our Program Manager. This person will be trained in all things Zoom for our multiaccess viewing experience for our regular at-home viewership.
The Program & Membership Associate, in regards to members relations, will report to and work in close collaboration with the Executive Director, ensuring effective communication with prospective, new, and longtime members, upkeep of our membership database, and the successful onboarding of new members. This is a part time, 20 hour/week on average position as per a typical synagogue calendar, responsibilities will be at a maximum during High Holidays. Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Availability on Friday Evenings & Saturday Mornings to assist with Shabbat as needed
- Zoom Management of Multi Access Services & Events
- Volunteer Coordination
- Holiday & Event Coordination
- Membership Outreach, Onboarding, and Renewal
- Membership Reporting & Database Management
Position Structure and Compensation
- This is a part time position. The Program & Membership Associate is a critical, trusted member of the CBH staff, ensuring that all runs smoothly for the gatherings for a vibrant, diverse community. The Program & Membership Associate reports directly to the Executive Director and will work closely and take direction from the Program Manager
- Availability during business hours is required in this hybrid work environment. Business day hours can be worked remotely, while event set up/execution/breakdown must be done onsite at Congregation Bet Haverim (or a different location). Must have reliable transportation.
- Compensation is 20-25k for a ~20 hr work week, commensurate with experience
Education and Experience:
o Associate’s Degree
o Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
o Computer skills in Word & Excel (or Google Workspace equivalent)
o Database management with ShulCloud or comparable CRM
Additional preferred experience:
o Knowledge of Jewish ritual, traditions, and life-cycle events will be considered favorably
Cover Letter and Resume may be submitted to [email protected]