The Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville (JFGN) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team as we secure the necessary resources to sustain and grow Jewish life throughout Greater Nashville.
Who you are
We are looking for someone creative and entrepreneurial ready to carry forward our goal of building a robust, connected and vibrant Jewish community in Greater Nashville. You should be someone who thinks strategically, loves connecting with people, is an active listener, is strong at managing relationships, and understands how to cater to the needs and expectations of donors both large and small. The role will rely on strategic thinking and resourcefulness in order to approach daily and institutional challenges and will require an excitement about bringing new ideas to fruition.
What you’ll be doing
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) serves as a member of the senior management team and is responsible for overseeing and leading all major aspects of the organization’s fundraising activities, including but not limited to our $2.5M+ annual campaign, corporate partnerships, and legacy/endowment efforts. The CDO will provide strategic direction for increasing donor engagement, donor retention and acquisition, and lay leadership involvement. In addition, the CDO is a key relationship builder, working with donors and lay leaders to help advance donor engagement across the organization.
Essential Job Functions
Create and implement a strategic and tactical plan for Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville, including annual campaign, capital fundraising, supplemental giving, corporate giving, emergency campaigns and foundation support. Work with volunteers and staff to execute the plan and ensure its success.
· Serve as lead staff for Development, Annual Campaign and the Foundation.
· Be a thought partner to CEO and key lay leadership to develop short-term and long-term strategies for Federation fundraising growth and success.
· Maintain, cultivate and grow relationships with a portfolio of major donors.
· Create and execute a comprehensive annual fundraising and donor engagement plan for the Annual Campaign, outlining the roles, responsibilities, and metrics for success.
· Develop and manage department annual budgets and perform analysis for variables.
· Provide professional support to lay leadership to identify, initiate, and develop solicitation efforts, enhance current initiatives and implement fundraising activities.
· Prepare and manage budget for Development Department programs.
· Oversee Development Department staff, operations, reports, communication, and event management.
· Identify, recruit, train and support volunteer leaders.
· Meet annual goals for soliciting assigned donors and prospects.
· Oversee the creation and implementation of internal and external fundraising communications in collaboration with the Chief Communications Officer.
· Collaborate with our beneficiary agencies, attend community events, and participate in programs to enhance the visibility of Federation and maintain an up-to-date awareness of program priorities throughout the Jewish community.
· Serve as a strong leader, ambassador and resource throughout the greater Nashville Jewish Community.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned by CEO, who you’ll directly report to.
Skills you’ll need:
· Strong interpersonal skills that enable relationship and partnership building with
key lay leaders, donors and professionals at all levels.
· Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Successful track record with personal solicitations at major gift levels.
· Knowledge of utilizing database systems and trends in utilizing technology in prospect identification and research.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office; comfortable with and open to new technology.
· Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to develop a high performing staff.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects simultaneously.
· Familiarity with donor software, CRM’s and data management is highly desired.
· Ability to handle confidential financial and personal information with discretion and sensitivity.
· Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience working for Jewish organizations, with deep knowledge of Judaism, Jewish culture and traditions.