Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School (www.bernardzell.org) is an independent Jewish day school for the 21st century where academic purpose, collaborative learning, and deep commitment to humanity develop engaged, confident learners and compassionate leaders for a stronger, more vibrant community and world. A pluralistic community day school, Bernard Zell welcomes students and families of varied religious beliefs and observance. The school combines Jewish learning and tradition with the best of innovative educational practice in a challenging and nurturing learning environment.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be expected to:
- Design, create and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for the school, with consideration for all audiences and stakeholders. Based on the strategy, develop annual work plans which include a calendar of events, activities, communications and publications.
- Oversee the creation and publication of all print and digital communications, including newsletters, brochures, advertisements, direct mail, and promotional materials. Produce communications and materials for key school events and programs.
- Partner with leadership and all academic departments to ensure brand and message quality and consistency across all media, programs and channels.
- Develop and sustain active relationships with lay leadership.
- Partner with Head of School on executive communications for internal and external audiences.
- Partner with the Director of Admissions to develop and execute a marketing strategy to engage prospective families, increase student applications, and support student recruitment.
- Partner with the Director of Development to design donor communications, solicitations, and engagement opportunities to promote fundraising revenue.
- Partner with academic department heads to support key communications to BZ families.
- Create, own, and train others on the BZ brand and style guidelines.
- Plan and deploy all digital marketing activities including oversight of the school’s website, online marketing efforts, SEO tools, digital content production and social media engagement.
- Develop meaningful relationships with the local, Jewish and education media. Develop a portfolio of news and feature stories to place on a regular basis. Manage all messaging on behalf of the school in the media.
- Oversee the work of graphic designers, print vendors and other external partners in the production of materials. Manage the department budget to maximize the return on investments in marketing and communications. This includes securing competitive bids for services when appropriate.
- Review and revise an effective crisis communications plan and ensure understanding across all departments and stakeholders.
- Oversee school photography and videography, including the storage of all photo and video content. Manage the production of all videos that are developed with internal resources or external partners and develop a strategy to maximize these assets.
- Oversee the physical representation of the brand inside the school facility.
- Manage market research initiatives and oversee all constituent surveys and feedback initiatives.
- Provide staff leadership including the hiring, management and development of marketing and communications staff.
- Participate actively in the success of the school leadership and advancement teams by providing support for all school events and activities as appropriate.
- As a member of the administrative council, lead and participate in school-wide projects of strategic importance, contributing project management and subject matter expertise.
- Engage in professional development in order to remain current in best practices of independent school communications, emerging social media technologies, and effective marketing strategies, as well as the changing interests of prospective audiences and the changing competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight or more years related professional experience in marketing and/or communications.
- Exemplary communication skills with particular emphasis on writing and editing.
- Deep knowledge of the principles of marketing and communications and fluency using digital marketing channels and social media effectively.
- Strong creative, strategic, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines, deploying internal and external resources with quantifiable results.
- Ability to receive input from many sources and analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan.
- A willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities.
- Strong customer service orientation and exceptional judgment.
- Commitment to supporting the mission of Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Knowledge of Jewish community, culture, heritage and traditions.
- Prior experience in an independent school setting.
- Demonstrated success in bringing regular, positive media attention to an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to show the return on investment of key marketing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and adhere to budgets and production schedules.
- Prior supervisory experience.
Full-time employee benefits include employer-subsidized medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; 403B retirement plan; parking or public transportation subsidy; breakfast and lunch; optional vision insurance.
How to Apply:
Please send a writing sample, a cover letter and resume to [email protected] As a condition of employment, all applicants must successfully pass a criminal background screening
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School has a long-standing policy of equal employment opportunity for every person regardless of age, race, color, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, or citizenship.
Bernard Zell recruits, hires and promotes individuals without regard to these characteristics, and all staffing decisions are based solely on the qualifications of each individual and the legitimate educational needs of our students.
The school does not discriminate in working conditions, physical facilities or any other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, including transfer, compensation, training, promotion, demotion or separation based on age, race, color, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry or citizenship. Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School seeks to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, and harassment based on any of these or other characteristics.