*$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS*
Become a part of something very special in a ‘family first’ environment! As a member of the Finance and HR team at Keshet, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of people at all levels while being responsible for day to day Payroll and HR activities. If you have a desire to work with an organization who, for the past 36 years has created programs for children and adults with intellectual challenges in the Chicago area, then being part of the Keshet community may be the right fit for you.
Keshet is a one-of-a-kind organization that brings classroom experiences, camps, sports, social and vocational activities, and residential opportunities to 600 people with disabilities and special needs each year. For additional information, please visit us at www.Keshet.org.
The Payroll and Human Resource Generalist will work closely within Finance and Keshet’s HR Business Partner with a primary focus on payroll functions. We are seeking a ‘self-starter’ that will bring their Payroll and HR knowledge and process experience to Keshet. The ability to pivot, offer flexibility and possess strong verbal and written skillsets are also key.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage payroll process that includes importing, proofing, editing, processing and transmitting all payroll wages, deductions, bonuses, etc.
- Perform specific duties related to open enrollment, insurance plans, 401k, and flexible spending accounts
- Reconciliation of all benefit accounts
- Perform updates to payroll-related information and data and manage overall payroll work flow
- Be the expert and owner of the system including enhancements and process improvements
- Ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions and terminations.
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and management
- Prepare reports for management, finance department, HR and others as requested
- Monthly and year end requirements such as ACA maintenance and W-2 distribution
- Ad hoc projects to clean up and maintain employee files and ensure payroll records are up-to-date and complete.
- Monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as needed.
- Responsible for benefits administration and associated communication to employees.
- Assist in recruiting and onboarding for all exempt and non-exempt, seasonal, and temporary positions.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the HRIS system.
- Make recommendations to new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the Payroll/HR function.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment as well as benefit laws and regulations.
- Proven experience as a payroll specialist, payroll manager or related position
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll/HR best practices
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll/HR field
- Experience with benefits administration is a plus
- Strong knowledge of payroll/HRIS software; Paycom preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management and ability to adhere to strict deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
- Minimum two years in an HR or Payroll Specialist role.
- PHR/SPHR highly desired.
- Experience with Paycom or other related payroll/HRIS system required.
- Skilled with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with online recruitment strategies and social media preferred.
Eligible employees are offered a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short and long-term disability plans, a 401k with company match, plus up to 20 paid holidays per year.
This is a tremendous opportunity for the Payroll/HR professional who embraces a growing organization, has the skills to execute and shares our passion for inclusivity.
*Sign on bonus will be paid after successfully completing 90 days of employment
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be assigned at any time.
Keshet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy and practice of Keshet to decide all matters relating to employment solely on the Keshet is an Equal Opportunity Employer Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.