Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Security Supervisor.
Summary of Position:
The Security Supervisor will manage day to day security operations at the Kraft Family Building, 126 High Street in Boston, and serve as a friendly resource to visitors, vendors and deliveries in accordance with CJP guidelines. The Security Supervisor provides front line oversight of armed security contractors by documenting and advising the security contractor of the positive and negative actions of its employees. The Security Supervisor ensures that all assigned security contractors are familiar with the physical structure, CJP procedures, CJP emergency procedures, and contractor security guidelines. When requested, the Security Supervisor will provide investigative support to the VP, Security and Operations. When requested the Security Supervisor will assist in training of CJP staff in safety, security, and medical matters.
- Supervise and implement security operations at the Kraft Family Building and other locations.
- Staff the CJP security desk 40 hours a week and at outside events as needed.
- Ability to respond to security and fire alarms and emergencies 24/7 in challenging conditions.
- Manage a security contract to include:
- Draft & approve a weekly schedule,
- Draft Events security schedules and plans and ensure properly staffing,
- Supervise security at some events involving CJP staff, venue staff, security contractors and police,
- Supervise contractor compliance with applicable rules, regulations, security policies, and CJP post specific orders,
- Supervise contractor compliance with firearms and physical fitness per the contract
- Associates Degree or minimum of five years related experience.
- Must possess and maintain Commonwealth of MA Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms (M.G.L. c 140 – 131).
- Advanced law enforcement or military courses and certificates including CPR, First Aid, and firearms instructor certificates.
- Must maintain physical fitness standards as specified in the MA police physical fitness standards in order to provide facility and event security: https://www.mass.gov/doc/roc-entry-level-fitness-standards/download
Budgeted Salary Range: 56,100.00-$66,000.00
Work Schedule: CJP staff work a hybrid work schedule where Tuesdays and Wednesdays staff work in the office; on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays staff may work remotely.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=453398950
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.