Camp Solomon Schechter is seeking an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person for the Development Associate position. This is a perfect near-entry level opportunity for someone who desires a long and successful career in fundraising (individual, events, and grant writing) and marketing (communications, public relations, advertising, social media, and promotions). This position will report to the Development Director and will work with the Board, senior staff, and volunteers to raise funds for the organization.
CSS has a 67-year tradition of fun, friendship, and Jewish education in the Pacific Northwest. We value each child as an individual and strive to support their social and spiritual growth. Our campers have the opportunity to be independent in a safe and nurturing environment. We encourage every camper to try something new, make new friends, make good choices, and grow as leaders and as individuals. CSS is a fully immersive, welcoming, and spiritual Jewish environment.
CSS is also the home of the Stampfer Retreat Center, which is the perfect setting for conferences, retreats, and special events from mid-August through mid-June annually. The Center provides a welcoming, safe, and fun camp environment, steeped in the values of integrity, respect and equitable treatment. Our natural setting, open to all, is a unique and inspiring environment that promotes a sense of community and personal growth through art, culture, sports, and environmental education.
- Receive, record, and respond to donations;
- Maintain donor database (currently, Donor Perfect Online);
- Compose correspondence;
- Research prospective donors and prepare reports on donors;
- Maintain calendars for grant progress, due dates, and reports;
- Assist with writing grant proposals, emails, and annual/impact reports;
- Assist with events, mailings, and other fundraising campaigns;
- Write and upload website and social media content;
- Assist the Board and senior staff in any/all development-related activities, as assigned;
- Assist in the design and writing of brochures, flyers, pamphlets, and advertisements for the organization;
- Assist with CSS’s alumni relations program; and
- Other relevant duties, as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required
- Previous experience (approx. 2 years) in the fundraising field, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines; excellent organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated, focused, resilient, goal-oriented, and results-driven
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, alumni, campers, and camp parents
- Ability to work in a team setting and willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, website management, and social media
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and/or familiarity with the Pacific Northwest Jewish community, desired
- Occasional participation in evening and weekend community events would also be expected
This position is full-time ($24 - $27/hour, based on experience) with benefits (vision, dental, health, retirement, sick, and vacation). Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Camp Solomon Schechter is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, age, religious belief, political ideology, national or ethnic origin, disability, actual or perceived medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.