Schoke Jewish Family Service of Fairfield County seeks a dynamic, motivated, oranized, and caring professional to serve as a full-time case manager for the Home Companion Program.
The Home Companion Program Case Manager will organize, implement and help supervise the Home Companion Training and Referral Service Program. Case Manager will participate in the evaluation, planning and follow-up of clients. Case Manager will assist in policy formation and program development.
Training and Education
- Co-lead training program for home companion.
- Develop and implement jointly with Director recruitment and training program for home companion applicants.
- Provide and co-lead in-service training to the companions
- Appraise companions when appropriate.
Client Assessment and Care Planning
- Do case assessment and evaluation of clients developing an individual care plan.
- Process and evaluate clients including home visits to applicants.
- Maintain on going contact with clients and families and do follow-up visits.
- Coordinate with other service providers as needed.
- Handle referrals of companions
- Matching companion skills and availability to clients needs.
- Evaluate the work of the companions.
- Jointly develop grant and other funding proposals with Director.
- Keep necessary and timely records for both clients (case records and billing) and companions (work records) including data in cloud database.
- Make recommendations to Supervisor, Chief Program Officer, and Administrative Team on Elderly Services regarding changes in the home companion program.
- Responsibilities include being available for emergencies and to respond to pressing issues, outside of regular hours.
- Represent the agency on relevant community groups dealing with aging and home care.
- Coordinate program with the other agency elderly services.
- Work with the public relations department to promote the program and the concerns of the elderly.
Additional responsibilities as directed by the Director of Senior Services and Chief Program Officer as necessitated by and required by the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in human services or relevant work experience.
- Experience working with the elderly.
- Relevant certification or licensure preferred but not required.
- Willingness to pursue relevant professional certification, licensure and accreditation, as appropriate.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information and to use discretion with sensitive topics
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office products, competent computer and database skills.
- Requires a vehicle and ability to travel throughout Fairfield County.
This position will report to the Director of Senior Services. Job is based in Stamford and requires “On-Call” hours to be arranged and scheduled with supervisor outside of normal officer hours. Salary based on experience. EEO.