Applications are open for the 2022-2023 Avodah's Jewish Service Corps, a year long program for individuals ages 21-26 to build a lifetime of leadership skills, an active Jewish community, a powerful professional network, and a more just America.
Spend a service year working full-time at a leading non-profit organization while living and learning at the crossroads of activism and Jewish life. As a member of the Jewish Services Corps, you will:
- Gain real-world expertise through critical, hands-on work experience. You’ll be placed with one of Avodah’s partner organizations in Chicago, New Orleans, New York, Washington, DC, or our newest city, San Diego. Through on-the-ground direct service work, you'll contribute meaningfully to our partners’ work on crucial justice issues such as immigration, climate change, education, healthcare, criminal justice reform, and more.
- Develop activist chops and Jewish social justice insights. Avodah’s innovative curriculum examines the root causes and effects of systemic oppression, develops practical skills, and looks at justice work with a Jewish lens. Programming deepens, contextualizes, and nourishes your day-to-day work while preparing you to sustainably stay in social and economic justice movements for the long haul.
- Live and learn in the dynamic Avodah community. Home-cooked meals, late night conversations, and holiday celebrations make living communally in the bayit (house) memorable and meaningful. Corps Members co-create intentional, pluralistic communities across the country, including in our new Jews of Color Bayit in NYC.
- Access activism, professional development, and Jewish opportunities for life. Over 1,400 social justice leaders across the country serve as active, engaged members of our alumni community. They’ll help you with everything from apartments hunts to job references to holiday meals invites.
- Have your basic needs met while you serve for justice. In addition to a year of professional and personal growth, Corps Members receive a modest monthly living stipend, health insurance, travel allowance, and housing.
Avodah is committed to building a service corps that inclusively represents the diverse Jewish Community. Sephardi Jews, Mizrahi Jews, Jews of Color, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBT2QIA people, and people who come from poor or working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!
Are you the next Jewish Corps Member? Apply today: we are now accepting applications on a rolling basis until all spots are filled for an August start. You can also visit avodah.net/serve, or email [email protected] to learn more or nominate a friend. The program will run August 2022 - August 2023.