The Social Media and Communications Specialist will be responsible for using all social media platforms to market and brand Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey’s mission and events. We are looking for someone who understands how to build social media campaigns, curate content, and use creativity and out of the box thinking to help grow our reach and influence in the community. The Social Media and Communications Specialist will need to have strong writing skills to serve as an in-house writer. We are looking for a highly organized, strong communicator, rock-star writer, and team player who is also tech savvy with an understanding of social media strategies and data analytics to achieve metrics-driven results and impacts. This individual also needs to be confident with different forms of technology that can assist in the design and creation of content – powerpoint, gifs, template, etc. We need someone who can hit the ground running to promote our mission.
- Use the four platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to market and brand Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey’s mission, work, and events.
- Develop and manage content for social media platforms to share and promote Federation’s mission, programs, and events.
- Create campaigns for programs or initiatives throughout the year.
- Maintain a social media calendar that drives the content; this includes preplanning and designing the content.
- Use the digital analytics features (Google Analytics, Insights, etc.) on each platform to track performance to ultimately inform future postings and campaigns.
- Build the number of our followers and those who we are following to cast a larger net.
- Work with professional staff and volunteer leadership to assist with developing social media efforts and content.
- Attend and promote virtual and in-person events as appropriate – some evenings and weekends required.
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for each platform used and intended audience.
- Serve as inhouse writer, with the ability to draft, write, and edit content including short and long articles, in-depth features, event remarks, statements, op-eds, web content, emails, letters, and weekly messages.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience building and driving social media campaigns and content. Mastery of social media platforms and technology tools, as well as content creation.
- Must be able to create and design content and have a strong understanding of other technology skills – making gifs, templates, etc.
- Minimum five years’ experience.
- Proven success with social media campaigns.
- Knowledge about analytics and reporting tools for social media.
- Excellent writing skills for social media, websites, marketing collateral, emails, letters, and CEO messages.
- Strong collaborator and team player.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment. Able to manage multiple deadlines at the same time.
- Strong personal commitment to Federation’s mission.
- Availability to work off-hours as needs arise; work occasional night and weekend events.
- Experience and comfort in Microsoft Office software.
- Must have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to: [email protected].
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in northern New Jersey area, in Israel, and around the world. Our primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.