About Temple Israel of Alameda
Temple Israel is a welcoming center of Jewish life where members, newcomers, and visitors of all ages and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to participate in Jewish practices, spirituality, learning, and culture. We are more than a synagogue, we are a community!
We affirm the power of Jewish learning to create and deepen Jewish identity and commitment. Lifelong Jewish learning—from childhood through adulthood—brings Jewish values to our daily lives, nurtures spiritual experiences, and both anchors and challenges us to reach out to a world in need.
Temple Israel of Alameda is seeking jewish educators who are dependable, energetic, and are looking to deepen Jewish knowledge for themselves and their students. We take a student-centric, community oriented approach to learning. This position is for the 2024/2025 school year, Sundays 9:30-11:30am. The pay range is between $40-60 per hour.
- Experience teaching or working with children between the ages of 4 and 13 in a group setting.
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to pass a background check
- Familiarity with Hebrew is sufficient to teach beginning Hebrew readers to decode the language of blessings and common Hebrew words.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents and community.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit
- Implement and teach lesson plans and instructions as instructed by the director.
- Maintain a clean, respectful, safe, and orderly classroom, and follow classroom and school procedures.
- Keep records on attendance, accidents, and incidents
- Be enthusiastic about continuing to learn and grow in their practice; always working to become a better teacher.
Questions and resumes should be directed to Jennifer Levine at [email protected]