OVERVIEW: The Senior Adult Program Director is a full time, benefit level, exempt position that will be responsible for the vision and day to day operations of the department. This is a working supervisory position. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
· Create, establish, document, and implement the vision of the department.
· Create strategies with an implementation process to increase program offerings and program quality and encourage seniors to participate.
· Implement program offerings.
· Create strategies to serve the needs of the entire continuum of the senior population.
· Become knowledgeable about all DAAA regulations and requirements.
· Oversee all administrative department functions.
· Develop, oversee, and manage the department budget along with all financial tasks necessary to operate the programs effectively.
· Work closely with the Senior Adult Advisory Board.
· Oversee and assist in all aspects of departmental programming.
· Work with the Senior Adult Team to create new relationships with agencies, organizations, and service providers that will allow the J Senior Department to serve as a part of a continuum of services in the community.
· Provide staff support for local and out of town trips.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
· Manage Senior Expo in all aspects of programming & fundraising.
· Participate in overall agency “all hands-on deck” JCC programs.
· Participate in agency department head meetings.
· Attend agency All Staff meetings.
· Create an environment where customer service, relationship building, and compassion are core values for the entire department.
· Provide supervision and direction for the Senior Adult Department Outreach Worker, Senior Adult Department DAAA Coordinator and Senior Adult Department Administrative Assistant. Provide guidance to Food Service Director as it pertains to the senior adult program.
· Manage Senior Adult team functions including transportation, daily and trips.
· College degree in related area preferred.
· Personable and outgoing.
· Experience working with the senior adult (age 60+) population.
· Detail oriented, well-organized, flexible, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Advanced computer skills required.
It is expected that the Senior Adult Program Director will be a team player as part of the JCC Professional Staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission. Responsibilities of the job may be changed as the needs of the JCC and/or community change.