The WSJHS is looking to hire an ASSISTANT DIRECTOR. The person in this role plays a central role in the smooth running of the organization including managing vendor relationships, systems, and platform management (CRM, Office 365 administration, website, and more), provide policy and strategic decisions support, and grant management. Additionally, the person in this role should be prepared to be a mentor to all team members (staff, contractors, and volunteers), find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels. This position requires being able to both understand the meta position of the organization while being able to focus on nuanced details.
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor's degree, prior experience working with a nonprofit organization, excellent verbal, and written communication skills, and be a creative and proactive team player.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure the smooth operations of the WSJHS by:
- Maintaining consistent and clear communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining quality assurance protocols.
- Growing the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity.
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensuring operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable departments.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum three to five years of experience in an office setting.
- Proficient with Office 365/MS Office.
- Solid understanding of financial management (Quickbooks Online a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of dependability and reliability
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Aptitude to learn new software and skills.
- Open to working some nights and weekends, as needed, with advance notice.
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree in museum studies, communications, or business.
- Experience with design and editing software (Adobe CC).
- Experience with collection management software.
- Familiarity with the Jewish community is an asset.
The Washington State Jewish Historical Society's?mission is to preserve and present the history of?Jewish life in Washington state.?The Society fosters?awareness and appreciation of the experiences, the?diverse culture, and the significant contributions of?Jews, past and present.?We build bridges?with?communities by sharing the stories of our?collective histories and serving as an educational?resource.
The WSJHS is a friendly and flexible work environment and an equal opportunity employer.
Send a resume/CV with a cover letter and two-three references to [email protected].
Only complete submissions will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed as received and the WSJHS will contact qualified applicants for an initial conversation; the WSJHS cannot commit to responding to inquiries regarding the status of an application. Priority will be given to applications received by September 15, 2022.