About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The UJA Women's team is responsible for the strategic engagement of women throughout the organization, bringing a unique perspective on how women connect to their philanthropy and to one another. The Women’s Philanthropy team seeks a Development Assistant who is proactive and flexible to provide support to a Major Gifts Officer, a Senior Development Executive, and a Development Executive. Together this team will continue assisting women use their talent, energy, and financial clout to inspire, educate, and transform the lives of others.
- Organize room reservations, food orders, and event logistics, coordinating with Conference & Banquets and other internal resources
- Provide accurate mailing lists to marketing for invites and eblasts
- Maintain attendance lists through Excel or Access and follow up with lay leadership to confirm attendance
- Process and collect payments in a timely manner using internal systems
- Prep for the day of events, including name tags, collateral, and any shipments to outside venues, gifts to hosts, and other tasks as needed
- Prepare accurate attendance lists after the event for database import and fundraiser follow-up
- Answer telephones, screen calls, and independently respond to situations or inquiries as appropriate
- Use internal systems and Excel to create accurate and useful reports, lists, and charts on a timely basis
- Understand and use fundraising system, including entering, retrieving, and producing data reports
- Compose correspondence in response to routine inquiries and select appropriate accompanying materials as necessary
- Maintain departmental files on internal servers
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendar using Outlook and internal calendars
- Process expense reports for supervisors
- Process and follow up on print production and supply orders
- Assemble external mailings
- Maintain Women’s Executive Circle and Young Professional Women’s group directories
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One year of administrative experience preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Detail-oriented and effective time management, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team
- Maturity and professionalism
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.