Chief Operating Officer
Founded in 2017, Trybal Gatherings is the leading provider of Jewish camp experiences for young adults and their friends. Trybal reimagines Jewish gatherings in a modern world by offering innovative getaways for young adults to connect, explore, play, and celebrate in a socially Jewish context.
Set in picturesque landscapes across North America, the Trybal experience is designed to welcome participants into a dynamic community during an unforgettable weekend escape.
Trybal maintains a team of 4 full-time staff, 70 seasonal staff, and an operating budget of approximately $2 million and has a significant presence in the New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Seattle communities.
To learn more about Trybal Gatherings, please visit: https://www.trybalgatherings.com/
Trybal Gatherings seeks its first Chief Operating Officer (COO) to work with its team in managing and scaling a rapidly growing start-up, focusing on business operations, strategy, and growth. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the senior leadership team of one of the most buzzworthy entrepreneurial ventures in Jewish engagement.
The COO will oversee day-to-day administration of the organization and serve as a trusted thought partner to the CEO in setting the strategic vision for sustained growth. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial leader who can translate Trybal’s vision and strategy into operational tactics and strategic financial planning.
The COO will oversee the cultivation of a positive and inclusive organizational culture, ensure alignment between staff and mission, and guarantee that internal and external work is performed at the highest levels of excellence. The COO will serve as an ambassador for the organization and an inspiring role model for staff and participants alike.
The COO will report to and work very closely with the CEO.
Business & Financial Management
- Oversee business operations and logistics across the organization to ensure smooth and efficient administration.
- Manage and support the teams that implement program logistics, including contracts, travel and transportation, purchases, and event site selections.
- Coordinate and manage all legal forms, licensing, permitting, and compliance with external regulatory agencies.
- Manage HR-related tasks, including contracts, policies, and employee benefits coordination.
- Provide oversight and guidance on budget creation and implementation.
- In partnership with the CEO and board, create, refine, and execute Trybal’s strategic priorities and goals, evaluate new areas for growth, and help establish and execute organizational priorities on a weekly, monthly, and long-term basis.
- Oversee the strategic and operational rollout of Trybal experiences in new locations, including identifying strategic organizational and funding partners.
- Help scale Trybal’s work to new audiences and propose opportunities for redirection, expansion, and growth, while designing and implementing organizational systems to grow the brand and product without sacrificing quality.
- Partner with the CEO, board, and other members of leadership to identify and secure the resources necessary to support organizational priorities. Maximize partnership opportunities and value to expand Trybal’s reach and impact with complementary organizations.
- Serve as a thought partner to the CEO for new programmatic, fundraising and marketing initiatives, and serve as a role model/mentor to other staff.
Capacity Building & Organizational Culture
- Lead efforts to grow the talent capacity and strengthen the organizational culture, optimizing Trybal’s organizational design, systems, and addressing key talent gaps.
- Create an organizational culture that promotes and sustains a positive, generative work environment that supports and motivates staff and maximizes opportunities for the ongoing professional development and success of every member of the team.
- Bring an innovator’s mindset and tool kit in cultivating a strong R&D culture across work streams, so that the organization can evolve alongside the rapidly evolving needs of the field.
- Provide added leadership in executing on timely strategic initiatives that meet the moment.
- Partner with the Director of Programs to determine program staffing needs and organize local/national trainings.
- At least 10 years of relevant executive leadership experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented environment, ensuring that the team maintains clarity and focus on key priorities and goals.
- A strong track record of running an organization with responsibility for all administrative aspects, such as personnel, accounting, taxes, legal, and insurance.
- Experience effectively managing staff in a remote environment in which colleagues work across locations.
- Skilled at and energized by building rapport with a wide range of stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and roles, both within and outside of the organization.
- Good interpersonal skills, including open, honest, and productive communication, with a demonstrated ability to productively give and receive feedback from supervisors, peers, and colleagues.
- A wide vision and good judgement about setting priorities.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A decisive leader and problem solver with an inclination to develop procedures and systems that can improve efficiency.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and of Jewish community organizations is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel on an occasional basis.
- A passion for Trybal Gatherings’ mission and values.
Salary and Benefits
Trybal Gatherings offers a competitive salary range of $150,000-$175,000 for this position and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Monthly allowance towards health insurance
- Monthly contribution towards telecom needs
- Generous PTO policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- Retirement plan
This is a remote position. Candidates on the east or west coasts or in Chicago are preferred.
This position is based upon material provided by Trybal Gatherings, an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Tani Weissman, Senior Talent Consultant
Shanna Jadwin, Talent Consultant
Henry Greenblatt, Associate