Golda Och Academy, recognized as one of the top Jewish day schools in the country, is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses — one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School — located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 425 students from more than 60 communities across New Jersey.
Golda Och Academy is accepting applications for Hebrew Teachers at the Upper School campus (Both Middle and High School roles available) for the 2023-2024 school year.
Candidates should have experience and demonstrate a passion for education. Qualified candidates will be masterful educators, adept at teaching Hebrew as a 2nd language, who exhibit a deep knowledge of Hebrew language and culture, have facility in differentiating instruction, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manages an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning and the development of the whole child.
- Design guidelines to promote differentiated instruction in the classroom.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of each student's academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Plans, documents, and carries out daily lessons.
- Teaches curriculum based on GOA standards.
- Recognizes the needs of individual students and the entire group and offers support and flexibility as needed.
- Establishes consistent and logical limits, expectations, and classroom routines for students.
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom in a clean and organized fashion.
- Handles stressful situations with patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Fosters a cooperative partnership with families.
- Facilitates parent-teacher conferences
- Works as part of a team of educators and administrators to carry out the goals of the School:
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to in-service activities and faculty meetings.
- Participates in the development of curriculum, and assesses its effectiveness in the classroom.
- Collaborates with colleagues to share experience and knowledge.
- Continuous professional development: seeks out and attends workshops, seminars, and courses relating to their field of expertise and teaching.
- Follows policies and standards established by GOA.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a native or near-native level of fluency in Hebrew.
- Prior experience in teaching Hebrew language preferred
- 2+ years of teaching experience preferred
- Holds teaching certification or working towards certification preferred, but not required
- Experience in recognized standards of language instruction
- Ability and willingness to work with students in various group settings, using multiple teaching methods
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required; Masters degree preferred
- Good classroom management skills
- Commitment to meaningful collaboration with colleagues
- Interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning
Golda Och Academy is a an inclusive community and makes all employment decisions without regard for an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, sex, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability (including AIDS and HIV related illness), genetic information, refusal to provide genetic information, refusal to submit to genetic testing, ancestry, familial status, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, atypical cellular or blood trait, military service, application for military service, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The School conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Eligible employees receive a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance coverage, paid leave and retirement plan options and many other valuable programs