Locations: New York City and South Florida
Background and Mission
ImpactIsrael is the central financial driver in an ambitious endeavor to improve the lives of at-risk youth in Israel across all boundaries: religious and secular; Jewish and Arab-Israeli; Druze and Bedouin; and youth of all colors and countries of origin. As the North American philanthropic partner of Yemin Orde Youth Village and Village Way Educational Initiatives (VWEI), ImpactIsrael’s mission is to transform immigrant and at-risk youth into productive members of Israeli society through value driven education and support.
Yemin Orde is home to 400+ at-risk and immigrant youth from around the world, and provides teenagers who have suffered neglect, abandonment, and extreme poverty the chance to find a home, a family, and a future. VWEI brings the groundbreaking educational methodology originally developed at Yemin Orde to 78 different communities across Israel, reaches more than 35,000 at-risk youth and their 3,600 educators, and is poised for significant growth.
Additional information about ImpactIsrael can be found at www.impact-israel.org.
Opportunity for Impact
ImpactIsrael is looking for ambitious, goal-driven Development Directors with entrepreneurial spirits who want to help build and grow a national movement. These positions are based in the local community (New York City and South Florida) and will work from home.
The Development Director is a unique and critically important role to help optimize ImpactIsrael’s fundraising opportunities across the United States. The Development Director will join ImpactIsrael at an exciting moment of transition and growth and will play a crucial role with an exceptionally invested and generous community of donors and staff. The organization’s leadership is deeply committed to its fundraising success, and to new and innovative strategies for revenue growth to support the increasing demand for its Israeli partners’ services and is hiring Development Directors as part of a strategic initiative to grow its annual fundraising by 15% annually over the next several years.
The Development Director is responsible for managing and building relationships with a portfolio of current major donors as well as identifying and stewarding prospects and new donors through personal engagement and direct solicitation.
The Development Director is responsible for building a community of supporters by connecting individuals with opportunities to engage with ImpactIsrael, creating local leadership councils, planning events and briefings, and engaging area synagogues and Jewish Federations with ImpactIsrael’s work.
The Development Director works with, and manages, lay leaders – including members of the Board of Directors – to renew, increase, and engage select portfolios of donors connected to those lay leaders.
The Development Director reports to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with the Campaign Committee and Chief Executive Officer.
This is a special opportunity to leverage the organization’s stellar achievements and reputation to ensure the financial resources to support future generations of at-risk youth in Israel. ImpactIsrael’s leadership is deeply committed to its fundraising success and intends to grow its resources and reach to become the primary solution to problems of youth at-risk in Israel.
- Grow a portfolio of major donors and prospects within the catchment area, ensuring timely, appropriate, and meaningful donor engagement and solicitation.
- Identify, cultivate, and build a pipeline of prospects who have potential to give $5,000+ gifts.
- Develop partnership and major gift proposals by targeting donors based on potential for giving and substantive interests. Work with existing philanthropic partners to identify new prospects for solicitation and cultivating relationships.
- Conduct face-to-face solicitations and secure new gifts from individuals and foundations.
- Create local leadership councils in key communities to:
- Cultivate, recruit, and solicit donors and prospects.
- Create a leadership path for supporters.
- Identify and recruit appropriate individuals for national programs.
- Increase awareness of ImpactIsrael.
- Create partnerships with key institutions in identified communities (including synagogues, Jewish Federations, and other organizations) that encourage opportunities to engage with ImpactIsrael through visits to Israel, programming, or other events.
- Plan and speak at donor cultivation and stewardship activities and events, including an annual event in each key community.
- Manage an Annual Campaign by planning and executing an annual development plan.
- Accurately update and maintain donor and prospect information and activity in donor database.
- Initiate and conduct donor research. Create concise and accurate research profiles using an array of data (i.e. biographical information, philanthropic history, etc.).
- Create and work with volunteer committees to increase engagement through events and campaigns.
- Support ImpactIsrael’s leadership and board in their solicitations, including creating background documentation, compelling asks, and follow-up plans.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-10 years work experience in fundraising, sales, or related field.
- Proven track record in face-to-face solicitations.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives, and measurement tools.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently and balance multiple tasks and deadlines.
- A strong work ethic, including the ability to work efficiently under pressure, demonstrate strategic thinking and good decision-making, and maintain and model high personal, ethical, and professional standards.
- Excellent people skills. Warm, honest and fair approach in dealing with others. Ability to interact and engage comfortably with a variety of key constituents.
- An excellent communicator who speaks and writes with clarity and purpose to internal and external audiences.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Experience with an Annual Campaign a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Knowledge of and passion for Israel and youth desirable.
ImpactIsrael offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off that contributes to employees’ overall total compensation.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Salary: The salary range for this role is $75,000 to $1500,000; commensurate with experience, qualifications, and location as listed above.