CLERGY AND OFFICE STAFF ASSISTANT
Reporting directly to the Senior Rabbi, the Clergy Assistant provides essential assistance to our Rabbi to ensure his seamless support of more than 475 member families.
The ideal candidate will have high emotional intelligence, the capacity to keep sensitive information in confidence, be highly organized, have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, have exceptional attention to detail, and have the ability to take initiative and prioritize daily tasks in a fast-paced environment.
This individual directly reports to the Senior Rabbi.
- Positive working environment with friendly team
- Feel-good, mission-based work
- Rewarding community interaction and family engagement
- Family-friendly work schedule with majority of work hours aligned to match typical school hours; some hours to align with programs and religious school
General Clergy Support
- Manage clergy calendars
- Assist with coordination of lifecycle events as needed, including bris, baby naming, weddings, unveilings, funerals, conversions
- Collaborate with administrative team as needed to support clergy needs
Worship Service Support
- Communicate schedule for all worship services on CBJ website
- Schedule all worship services on livestreaming platform
- Assist in maintaining materials for all B’nei Mitzvah services and update as needed in coordination with clergy
- Coordinate with Executive Director and custodial staff to ensure appropriate ritual preparation for worship services - wine, candles, challah, furniture set up, managing books for High Holidays
- Coordinate with Executive Director and custodial staff to provide set-up information for worship services, rehearsals, lectures, Torah study, minyan, etc.
- Manage yahrzeit records in ShulCloud
- Run weekly yahrzeit report for upcoming yahrzeit dates and notify families of their upcoming observances
- Zoom room management including supporting custodial staff with setup needs
- Write condolence letters on behalf of the board president
- General administrative including assisting with answering main phone line and addressing requests directly whenever possible before transferring to other staff
- Facilitate Constant Contact electronic messages, event registrations, and newsletters/bulletins
- Posts events and messages on social media such as FaceBook and Twitter
- Maintains and updates membership database and congregational calendars
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service
- High attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills and organizational skills
- Ability to organize, manage priorities, multi-task, and complete projects with deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience with ShulCloud (member portal) software
- Experience in Jewish communal organizations
- Ability to decode Hebrew (read w/o necessarily understanding)
- Familiarity with Apple/Mac devices and software
- Working knowledge of Judaic practices and rituals including familiarity with the Jewish calendar of celebrations and holidays
About Congregation Beth Judea
Congregation Beth Judea is an egalitarian conservative synagogue in Long Grove, IL. We are proud of how each member brings his or her own story to our diverse community—such as those who have a multi-generational history at our congregation and those new to Congregation Beth Judea.
$45,000 - $55,000 + Competitive Benefits Package; Negotiable
Please email resume and cover letter to: