Job Title: Engagement Event Manager
Department: Education & Engagement
Reports to: Senior Director of Education & Engagement
Hours: 40 hours/week (including evenings and weekends)
The Engagement Event Manager reports directly to the Senior Director of Education & Engagement and is an integral part of the Education & Engagement team. The Engagement Event Manager provides logistic, administrative, project management and event management support to congregational dinners and receptions, ongoing and short-term adult education opportunities, Cinema Emanu-El, and congregational travel.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong orientation to customer service
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong event planning, implementation, and management skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Analyze and resolve challenges demonstrating good judgment and common sense
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, and database management (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge and Delphi experience helpful)
- Oversee the planning and implementation of congregational dinners and receptions, including setting up registration forms, ordering food, submitting set-up forms and room reservations, and staffing the events.
- Work closely with the Facilities & Hospitality team to ensure event needs are met.
- Maintain budget for congregational dinners and Shabbat receptions.
- Provide administrative and logistics support for Temple’s adult education opportunities including ongoing and short-term classes and events and third-party learning opportunities, working closely with the Senior Director of Education & Engagement and appropriate lay committees.
- Collaborate with ECEC and YLE staff as appropriate for parent education opportunities.
- Maintain budget for adult learning programs.
- Provide administrative and logistics support for Cinema Emanu-El, Temple’s annual summer film series. Support the lay leadership committee in its work to select the films and then manage the implementation of the showing of the four films.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Education & Engagement, provide administrative and logistics support for non-Israel congregational travel experiences, day trips and local off-site experiences, including, but not limited to sending emails, taking registrations, planning related preparatory sessions, and working with travel agencies, potential travelers, and appropriate staff and clergy.
- Staff congregational events, holidays and programs as agreed upon with the Senior Director of Education & Engagement.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Director of Education & Engagement.
General Information about Education & Engagement Team Members:
The work of education and engagement is the primary function of all staff members, clergy, and lay leadership at Temple. We strive to help every Temple member and prospective member develop a connection to other congregants, friends, family, Jewish community, Jewish people, the world, and God. Staff will help connect members with aspects of synagogue life that meet their spiritual and communal needs, through our core values of Prayer, Learning, Israel, Social Justice and Community. Members of the Engagement & Education Team are partners with clergy, lay leadership, and each other. We value each other’s opinions, respect each other’s time and support each member of the team during crunch times. Together we strive to make Temple a place of sacred encounters.
Engagement & Education Team Members Share Responsibility For:
Leadership & Relationship Cultivation –
- Communicate and interact regularly with other teams and a wide array of members to build relationships and engage individuals in congregational life and leadership responsibilities.
- Coordinate with lay leaders, clergy, and staff to set goals in your areas of responsibility and translate them into action.
- Contribute toward the identification and cultivation of future Temple leaders.
Website & Communications –
- Utilize Temple and community communication and marketing tools to maximize access to Temple programming, including coordination with partner organizations.
- Maintain engagement opportunities and other pertinent information on the Temple website.