About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
Our core values are
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (Byachad) We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh vHaGuf) We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Why this role matters:
Camp JCC is one of our core programs, and the Camp Director is directly responsible for the overall operation, development and implementation of the camp and youth programs. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with our community and have a significant impact on the experience of our camp and youth program participants and staff.
The Camp Director reports to the Chief Program Officer, is a member of the Senior Management team, and works in partnership with other Center program areas.
- Ensure high quality and safe programs meeting or exceeding all local, state and accreditation standards
- Provide a high level of customer service to program participants, their families, and perspective users of the Center
- Direct, supervise, and implement program activities within the camp and youth department
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate camp and year round youth department staff
- Create and monitor department budgets
- Maintain proper paperwork for licensed and accredited camp and afterschool programs
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing/Communications department to create and implement a marketing plan
- Partner with Development Department to assist in the writing and reporting of grants
- Present program reports and work with board committees
- Cross promote programs within the Center
- Support the professional growth of supervised staff through regular performance reviews
- Manage outside vendors and consultants as required by the Center
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- In-person work required