Digital Marketing Associate
University of Michigan Hillel
Michigan Hillel at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor is seeking a Digital Marketing Associate to be a key member of our Programming Team. This candidate should have a talent for mastering the latest in digital marketing and communication trends and ability to combine graphic design skills with the knowledge of social media. This role will help curate and grow Hillel’s social media efforts to increase following, strengthen engagement and improve conversion rates. The Digital Marketing Associate is supervised by the Associate Director of Hillel. This position is full-time (40 hrs/week) with flexibility for hybrid work based on location and experience.
The Digital Marketing Associate will oversee all company social media channels, marketing, and graphic design needs. This will include gathering content for emails and our website, creating and editing digital marketing materials, working with print campaigns, designing flyers, cards, brochures, etc.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, in collaboration with Program Team, digital and print marketing plans with specific objectives using different communication and social media channels
- Analyze consumer insights and trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Work in partnership with the program team, including student input, to create visually striking content (language, illustrations, logos) and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all digital advertising and public-facing communications
- Collaborate with the Associate Director to manage the marketing and communications calendar of the organization.
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current digital marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis
- Collaborate with Development department on multiple digital and print fundraising campaigns throughout the year
- Assist in managing, monitoring, and updating website content aligned with Michigan Hillel’s goals and mission
What skills do you need?
- Entry level position (0-3 years of experience)
- Experience with graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong organizational skills in order to handle simultaneous projects
- Ability to work within a team environment in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Creativity and ability to articulate the programs and mission of UM Hillel to students
- Experience with using SEO and Google Analytics to gain consistent traffic
- Knowledge of Apple computers a plus
- Knowledge of using social media analytics
- Knowledge of nonprofits and Jewish customs and practices very helpful
- A degree in communications, marketing, advertising, or graphic design is preferred
What you’ll get out of it:
- $42,000 - $50,000 salary
- Opportunities for professional development and skill building
- Welcoming and supportive staff team environment
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation, medical leave, and parental leave.
What does University of Michigan Hillel do?
With 6,500 Jewish students on campus (comprising 16% of the student body) and 50+ student groups, the University of Michigan Hillel offers diverse, pluralistic, and innovative ways to engage in Jewish life on campus. Michigan Hillel is a national leader in nurturing empowered leadership among students who have a profound impact not only on campus life but on the broader Jewish community as well.
To apply, please send the following items:
- A resume with a cover letter explaining why you’re right for the job
- Link to social media you manage and/or sample email marketing you’ve developed
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
University of Michigan Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.