JCPA’s Program Manager for Leadership and Events
The Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) Program and Policy team seeks a Program Manager to help the organization deepen the impact of its leadership and events programming. The organization engages in strategic community relations. To carry out its mission, JCPA ensures that its lay and professional stakeholders can convene, set priorities, and provides them the skills, knowledge, and hands-on experience necessary to be leaders and effective advocates at the community and national level. As a national network that engages with diverse leaders from all over the country, JCPA’s virtual and in-person programming, as well as the growth of its affinity groups, is essential to our success. JCPA is seeking a Program Manager to help us to continue and enhance our engagement opportunities and educational programming and strengthen and regularize our affinity group work. This position is core to JCPA’s ongoing success and an essential part of the organization.
JCPA organizes several national convenings, domestic and overseas missions, and virtual and in person programs throughout the year. The Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of JCPA events. This position will manage and help grow JCPA’s leadership initiatives including its emerging leadership track and alumni programs. This role will also be tasked with providing JCPA programming support which includes but is not limited to staffing different committees and program functions. The Program Manager reports to JCPA’s Senior Vice President.
Responsibilities Programs and Events
• JCPA convenes a national network of local and national organizations throughout the year by organizing several different opportunities including virtual webinars and programs, a national conference, meetings of its Delegates Assembly, and other programs as needed. This position will oversee the substantive and seamless implementation of these programs.
• Design, execute, and implement JCPA’s national programs and convenings including JCPA’s national conference, Delegates Assemblies, fundraising events, webinars, and others as needed.
• Work closely with program staff, communications staff, technical staff, outside consultants, and lay leaders to develop a vision, content, and run of shows for in-person and virtual programming and oversee all aspects of the development and implementation of the programs.
• Responsible for creation of JCPA’s national conference from program design, outreach to speakers, production schedule, logistics promotion and recruitment, and other critical event requirements. Liaison to the production team/outside conference coordinator, onsite staff, etc.
• Coordinate operational and logistical support including budget creation and tracking, planning timelines, creating processes for event venues, and working with outside vendors.
• Organize behind the scenes support for events and gatherings including but not limited to program, catering coordination, procurements, and communications. Ensure program alignment across the organization. Ensure logistics are aligned with organizational values and priorities.
• Work closely with marketing, communications, and recruitment team to reach targeted audiences and ensure branding and engagement.
Domestic and Overseas Missions
• JCPA sponsors a Leadership Missions to Israel as well as other issue-based missions. These missions are critical to our understanding the nuances of complex issues and supporting education, intergroup relations, stakeholder engagement, and decision-making.
• Responsible for executing all levels of the mission from development through implementation by working with mission chairs, program staff, and on-site mission guides/tour organizers to plan substantive programming for the mission and arrange all logistical details. Ensure alignment across the organization.
• Oversee promotion and recruitment process while working closely with communications and operations staff.
• Develop and create substantive background materials germane to the mission and carry-out orientation programming.
• Identify opportunities for mission participants to further engage with JCPA beyond the mission itself.
Affinity Groups and Leadership Management
• JCPA convenes affinity groups to network, develop their skills, educate, and mobilize to successfully carry out strategic community relations. The Manager will be responsible for regularizing the affinity groups into JCPA’s ongoing workplan and implement all levels of meeting organizing, program design, recruitment, and tracking.
• Execute and manage the Frank Leadership Institute for Emerging Leaders Program including recruitment, build and implement the substantive curriculum, educational materials, organizing missions to Poland and Israel, and a Fellowship track at the JCPA national conference.
• Responsible for growing the Frank Fellow Alumni group and ensuring ongoing engagement and leadership opportunities with Alumni post-Fellowship.
• Build relationships with, and provide ongoing support to, JCPA’s diverse stakeholders such as the JCRC directors, professionals, and chairs.
• Work with affinity groups committee chairs such as the JCRC Chairs Initiative and the JCRC Pros to plan how to execute the work of that group by holding regular meetings, designing agendas, preparing substantive materials, etc.
• Prepare leadership resources, playbooks, and other materials as needed. • Support virtual programming and initiatives for diverse stakeholder cohorts across the organization.
• Coordinate special projects across the organization and provide project management support for organization-wide initiatives as needed.
• Coordinate with program and policy staff to support organizational alignment and efficiencies with a focus on specific programs and policy objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum experience of 4 years working in event planning and/or Jewish communal organizations a plus
• Ability to collaborate, problem solve, and effectively manage deadlines
• Highly organized
• Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing and customer service oriented.
• JCPA is headquartered in New York City • Position is temporarily remote until the office reopens, and arrangements may be possible for the position to remain remote thereafter • Compensation range of $65,000 -$80,000 depending upon experience.
JCPA is passionate about building an inclusive and equitable working environment, and deeply values the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience of a diverse workforce. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. JCPA is an equal opportunity employer, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
For more information and to apply contact [email protected]