Do you enjoy instructing young people of all backgrounds about games, sports, and integrity? Are you inspired to create positive change in our community? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment for a values-driven organization that cares deeply for its employees? If so, the Boulder JCC might be the place for you!
If you like working with kids, our dynamic and community-centered organization is looking for an energetic, conscientious, and resourceful Sports Specialist to join our team for the season. Our summer day camp program serves children ages 4-12 and we are looking to build our sports program.
- Serve as lead sports educator and counselor for Cherryvale Day Camps.
- Manage and maintain all sports equipment, including inventory before and after the season.
- Create and implement age appropriate sports activities for our campers.
- Enthusiastically participate in all camp programs and activities.
- Interface with the leadership team (Assistant Camp Director, Program Director, Camp Director) as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for campers, abiding by all camp rules and policies. Assist any camper with empathy and patience when needed.
- This seasonal role is in-person and full-time during the camp season, May 23 - August 12, 2022.
- We have a full week of training before the camp season begins. Some sessions will be online and some in person.
- Our camp is operated outdoors unless weather prohibits it. Working conditions include spending full days under the sun in all temperatures.
- In coordination with our health and safety protocols, all campers, counselors, and staff members must currently wear masks indoors.
- Must be at least 18 years old when the summer camp season begins
- Background in sports education
- Experience or willingness to work with young children (ages 4 – 12)
- The ability to think and act creatively, be flexible, demonstrate pride of work, and care about the individuals they serve
- Staff members will be required to uphold all current health and safety protocols. Policies are subject to change.
- This is a non-exempt hourly position with a salary range of $14.00-$17.00/hour commensurate with experience. This is a 40-hour per week position that runs from May through August with the possibility of extension through the year. The benefits for seasonal staff currently include a 403b retirement plan, staff discounts, and more.
If you think you would be a good fit, even if you do not meet every one of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Applications are accepted online here. Once you submit your application, our Camps & Youth Assistant Director will be in touch if we would like to schedule an interview. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions, please contact Celia Calhoun at [email protected] or call 303-998-1900.