Onward Israel was launched in 2012 as a framework for multi week immersive and transformative resume-building experiences in Israel for students and young adults. In January 2022, Onward Israel will merge with Birthright Israel to continue to provide these opportunities and expand upon them.
In 2014, Onward Israel launched a new program line, entitled Theme-based programs. Theme Based programs offer unique internship opportunities to young adults aged 19-27 from around the globe. Each program places participants in cohorts with other like-minded individuals which creates a completely unique opportunity to network and engage with peers in different sectors of a career field. Onward Israel directly is responsible for the marketing, publicity, recruitment, screening, participant selection and program oversight functions. In summer 2022, there will be 14 Theme-based Programs with a recruitment target of 400 participants. There are additional, but smaller, recruitment goals for Winter 2022-3.
In order to successfully achieve this objective, Onward Israel seeks to hire a full time Theme-based Programs Director. The main functions of this role are to oversee recruitment, marketing, screening, and program oversight for Theme-based Onward Israel Programs.
- Manage, oversee, and directly supervise North American Theme-based Programs Coordinator
- Develop, implement, and oversee Onward Israel recruitment strategies for Theme-based Programs in coordination with the North America director and Marketing director for Onward Israel
- Expand the scope of and create best practices for Theme-based Programs
- Oversee all aspects related to Theme-based Programs throughout the year and identify opportunities for programmatic growth
- Work with organizers and logistical providers on maximum efficacy
- Support and collaborate with organizers and Onward Israel's educational team on educational enrichment for theme based programs.
- Maintain and build relationships with Hillel professionals, Israel Fellows, career centers, campus influences and Onward Israel alumni
- Troubleshoot and manage issues that arise both before and during programs
Onward Israel will prioritize the following characteristics among interested candidates:
- Prior program management and supervision experience
- Understanding of the landscape of Onward Israel and how to market programs and opportunities
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and anticipate challenges
- Ability to work independently and as part of a national and global team
- Administrative experience overseeing ongoing projects with strong organizational skills, follow through, and attention to detail
- Prior experience conducting interviews and understanding of sensitivities during this process (including cultural, religious, etc.)
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Drive
- Direct experience in immersive experiences outside of North America. Preference given to alumni of an Onward Israel program or long term Israel based program
- 5 years of work experience
- B.A. or equivalent
- Some travel will be expected (when feasible)
- Preference will be given to applicants based in NY but will consider indviduals living in the Eastern or Central Time Zones
- Starting January 2, 2022 the position will be part of the Onward Israel Division of Birthright Israel
- Expected salary range of $65,000-$75,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance and more
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]