ABOUT TEMPLE EMANU-EL AND YL+E
Temple Emanu-El is a large, vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Dallas, Texas. It is a place of sacred encounter, where learning, prayer, and deeds change people’s understanding of themselves, their world, and their responsibilities in it. Youth Learning + Engagement (YL+E) is Temple Emanu-El’s supplemental Jewish education and engagement program serving over 500 students and their families from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Temple Emanu-El is a fun, collaborative, high-energy workplace that offers multiple employee benefits. Learn more about us at www.tedallas.org.
The YL+E Program and Communications Coordinator will support the programmatic, communications, and administrative work of YL+E, including the Sunday morning religious school, Hebrew Emanu-El programs, the Youth and Teen Emanu-El communities, and family engagement. This position will provide support to faculty and staff, and manage program logistics and operations. This position will handle YL+E communications, working in partnership with the Communications Department deepen engagement among families by sharing the dynamic story of YL+E. The YL+E Program and Communications Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Youth Education.
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required; Photoshop, Canva, and Constant Contact proficiency preferred
• Experience working at an afterschool, summer camp, or religious education setting preferred.
1. Support YL+E through work with faculty and volunteers, including fulfilling supply and photocopy requests; securing and preparing substitute teachers; and fulfilling supply and photocopy requests for faculty, staff, and other programs and events. Inventory and order departmental and programmatic supplies and ensure basic office and school supplies remain stocked.
2. Guide and implement a communications strategy that conveys important information and invitations to families, as well as tells the story of youth and families and Temple Emanu-El. That strategy will include:
a. Managing communications for the YL+E Department, including website updates, promotional materials, event and program promotion.
b. Owning the social media presence for YL+E and communicating everyday excitement in addition to special events and holidays.
c. Working with the Communications team to design templates for newsletters and regularly scheduled emails.
d. Ensuring the presence of YL+E stories and program in general Temple spaces and communications.
3. Provide programmatic and administrative support for Youth and Teen Emanu-El, family engagement programs, Shabbat, and holiday experiences.
4. Oversee the web-based faculty, parent, and student portal and assist in communication efforts between teachers, parents, and the department.
5. Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Youth Education.
HOURS: Full-time. Tuesday – Friday and Sundays during the school year; Monday – Friday during the summer. Childcare provided on Sundays.
To Apply: Please email resume to Julie Meyer, Human Resources, at [email protected]