Shir Ami seeks an experienced, innovative, and caring individual to serve as the Director of its Early Learning Center (ELC). The ELC is known for its outstanding faculty, the strength of its educational program and its family Shabbat and holiday programming. There are 165 children enrolled at Shir Ami, ranging from infant care through full-day kindergarten. We also offer early/late care, after-school activities and day camp.
The ELC’s dedicated, highly skilled professional staff provides an array of stimulating and educational experiences that allow all children to grow and develop throughout their early childhood. Our program fosters a sense of family and community and incorporates Jewish values and traditions in our classrooms.
The successful candidate will be creative, motivated, and passionate about early childhood learning. They will be responsible for all day-to-day operations; will immediately assume a leadership role and will have experience developing early childhood curricula and age appropriate programs. The director will be responsible for creating and managing the ELC budget; will be technologically proficient and will help guide the marketing of the school to the community. They will also collaborate with the professional staff, clergy and lay leaders to ensure the future growth of the ELC and provide a warm, safe, nurturing environment for our youngest community members. Finally, the director will develop and maintain relationships with families, faculty and staff and encourage them to engage in Shir Ami’s thriving community.
- Implement a vision for the school’s present and future.
- Develop and implement appropriate secular and Jewish curricula.
- Foster a nurturing and caring school atmosphere inclusive of learners of all abilities.
- Oversee daily operations and administration.
- Hire and supervise all preschool teachers and staff including annual evaluations.
- Develop and coordinate teacher orientation, plan ongoing professional development and conduct annual evaluations of the ELC staff.
- Recruit new families to the ELC program, build strong relationships with ELC families, and facilitate communication with them.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on financial matters including, budgeting, expense management, tuition, and payroll.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director in the development of a marketing plan.
- Collaborate with the Education Director on educational goals and the transition of children from Early Learning Center to Religious School.
- Understand the requirements for state licensure and will be responsible to uphold and renew licensure annually.
- Implement emergency protocols and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education or elementary education.
- 5-7 years experience in early childhood education/elementary education with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic budgeting proficiency.
- Organized, able to multi-task and problem solve on the go.
Explore our Early Learning Center at www.shirami.org