Regular or Temporary: Regular
Hours Per Week: 40
FLSA Determination: Exempt
Weeks Per Year: 11 months/ 48 weeks
Open Date: 01/03/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Trinity College seeks a staff that reflects the changing demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse, representing 41 states and 70 countries, with 21 percent U.S. students of color and 50 percent who identify as women. More than 90 percent of students live on campus. Trinity is a highly selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution located in the capital city of Hartford, Conn. With more than 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate students, the college maintains a rigorous academic profile complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. We consider our location in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse capital city to be among Trinity’s most distinctive assets, and we cultivate strong connections with our surrounding neighbors and with institutions and organizations throughout Hartford and the region. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
Develop and implement meaningful cultural, religious, spiritual and intellectual programming that allows students to explore their Jewish identities and grow as leaders. Build one to one relationships with students and support student-initiated programming for the Jewish community as well as the wider college community. In partnership with the Director, oversee all aspects of outreach and communication including social media.
- Build relationships with students through one-on-one meetings, including outreach to students who have previously not attended a Hillel event.
- Assist the Director with recruitment, mentoring, and evaluating student leaders. Plan leadership development experiences including regular board meetings and retreats.
- Design and implement Jewish life programming, in collaboration with student leaders, the Director, and campus partners. Such programming should include vibrant, inclusive, and creative Shabbat, holiday, cultural, educational and Israel-related programming. Support entirely student-initiated programming that may or may not fall into one of these categories.
- Manage all aspects of programming including ordering food, making room reservations, recruiting students for set up and clean up, and ensuring that Hillel events are listed in the college calendar. Enter all engagement data into the Hillel International CRM in a timely manner.
- Oversee all communications including regular posts to social media accounts and sending of weekly emails, fundraising emails, and periodic newsletters. Maintain and provide content for the Hillel website. Maintain email lists of current students and campus partners. Assist students with on-campus advertising including the creation and distribution of flyers.
- Assist Admissions with recruitment of Jewish student applicants and support efforts to increase yield of Jewish students.
- Develop key relationships with campus professionals and student organizational partners.
- Participate and recruit students for participation in campus-wide events such as orientation, family weekend, commencement, reunion, interfaith events, etc.
- Recruit for staff immersive experiences including the Jewish Learning Fellowship, service-learning trips, and immersive trips to Israel.
- Assist the Director with operations including submitting technology and facilities work orders; ordering supplies; preparing and submitting check requests and credit card reconciliations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and based on departmental need.
- BA required plus 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Background in Jewish education or camping preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- All applicants must apply online by submitting their resume, cover letter and 3
- Trinity College requires proof of COVID19 vaccination and booster or an
- approved exemption prior to beginning employment.
Posting Number: S00862
Trinity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.