We have an immediate need for a Per Diem Substitute Teacher in Ramaz’s Early Childhood Center, located in Manhattan, NY. This is an as-needed position and you will be placed in a classroom that is in need of a teacher for the day. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and the school is closed during the summer.
In a classroom environment the Per Diem Substitute Teacher will support the absentee teachers team and plans while supervising the classroom with a high level of care and educational standards.
- Collaborating with the lead teacher and reviewing plans
- Adaptability to provide coverage to multiple classrooms, as needed
- Willingness to work with a fluid schedule within a given day
- Preparing and understanding objectives of the daily plans
- Innovating ideas to make learning enjoyable and interactive
- Tending to all class responsibilities to complete scheduled targets in the teacher's absence
- Assisting and offering ideas in classroom management and strategies
- Supporting differentiated instruction by working with students' particular learning styles and needs.
- Cultivate core values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].