Israel Tennis and Education Centers Foundation
Title: Events Coordinator
Position Is: Exempt Position – 40 Hours per week, Travel Required
Reports To: VP of Development
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for managing and supporting fundraising and educational events throughout the United States for the Israel Tennis and Education Centers Foundation (ITEC). This person is responsible for managing event expenses to budget projections and supporting/managing all event committees and volunteers in conjunction with VP for Development. The position is responsible for coordinating the administrative and logistical aspects of all philanthropic events. Applicant must attend all events.
Specific Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the planning, management and implementation of fundraising exhibitions throughout the country. Includes supporting event chairs and committees, preparing event collateral, working with the venue, vendors, maintaining event records, logistical oversight, follow-up and thank you letters. Extensive coordination with the VP, Marketing staff, event chairs, honorees and committee is required.
- Manage and execute event timelines with all tasks related to each event
- Work on all logistics for exhibition teams (book travels, hotels, cars, etc.), Coordinate process of traveling such as applying for Visa to enter USA for team members, submit traveling forms such as unaccompanied minor, and maintaining the detailed itinerary for the team (calendar, day to day and hospitality)
- Work on giveaway, presents and recognition gifts to key donors
- Providing research for donors and potential donors
- Run registration table and manage volunteers at events
- Work closely with VP of development- preparing presentations for individual donors and committee meetings
- Supports the VP in the development of event plans and budgets designed to achieve growth over previous years
- Maintain Donor records for event attendance and contributions and coordinate entry into Raisers Edge with Administrative Assistant
- Work collaboratively with Administrative Assistant to ensure timely and accurate recording of event contributions and acknowledgements
- Work collaboratively with local Event chairs and committees and ITEC staff to recruit and train volunteers for special events
- Supports the VP of Development in the evaluation of effectiveness of events and conducts post-event wrap up and evaluation meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Create and foster fundamental relations with the corporate community with the goal of activating and building support.
- Work with VP of Development as well as volunteers to nurture and cultivate donors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 5 years of fundraising/special event experience, preferably for a non-profit.
- Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal) necessary in order to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, high level donors, and staff
- Innate ability to work steadily and calmly in high pressure situations
- Initiative, follow through, sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions; including appropriate people in decision-making process; and ensure timely decisions are made
- Problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Travel to meetings and events as necessary
- Work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events
- Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to meetings or events at different locations
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.