JFASD seeks a part time National Coordinator—ideally based in either Florida, New York City, or Greater Washington D.C.—to oversee all aspects of the initiative. The position will work in close collaboration with the SHJ executive director, staff, and board leadership.
The bottom line about who we’re looking for is a person that wants to champion this cause, will make its success a top priority, and has the skills to get it done.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing all aspects of the initiative in collaboration with JFASD volunteer leaders, organizers, and the staff and volunteer leadership of the Society for Humanistic Judaism.
• Helping to create educational and advocacy content around church-state separation issues through a Jewish perspective, including LBGTQ+ equality, reproductive justice, women’s rights, and more.
• Mobilizing Jews of all denominations, and their friends, family members, and allies, to participate in JFASD programs, both in-person and online.
• Developing programs and political actions to galvanize participation and engender change, while growing and coordinating state-based cohorts of volunteer grassroots organizers.
• Fostering partnerships on the local and national levels among Jewish communal and secular social justice organizations, across institutional and denominational lines.
• Collating materials created and lessons learned from on-the-ground pilot efforts into replicable programs and curriculum.
• Identifying and engaging thought leaders on the issues, including authors, scholars, and other legal and Judaic experts, to help shape and deliver the intellectual content behind the education and advocacy.
• Advocating for the cause publicly by overseeing the JFASD online and social media presence.
• Tracking the benchmarks for outputs, outcomes, and expenditures, and accurately reporting them quarterly.