Position: Accounting Manager
Hours: Salaried position
Typical hours are: Monday-Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm & Friday 9:00 am– 3:00 pm with flexibility as needed to meet the needs of the Temple
Salary: Salary range is $55,000- $65,000 based on experience.
The Temple Beth-El Accounting Manager plays a critical position in the operations of the Temple. The Accounting manager is responsible for the day to day management of all financial matters of the Temple including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, financial statement reporting, bank reconciliation and assisting in the management of the Temple Beth- El office. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and in consultation with the Financial Vice President.
This role requires the highest level of professionalism and requires accurate, organized processing and planning along with excellent communication and customer service skills.
You are ready to manage:
- Overall day-to-day accounting and cash management for the congregation’s financial affairs.
- Maintain all accounting and financial records to standards as defined by the Financial Vice-President, Officers and independent auditors.
- Work with Executive Director and Financial Vice-President to ensure accurate financial record keeping and billing.
- Process payroll for semimonthly and monthly employees and onboarding new employees in terms of hiring forms and benefits.
- Ensure prompt processing of accounts receivables, accounts payable and cash, including checks, credit cards or stock transfers.
- Work closely with congregation members to provide excellent customer service and ensure positive engagement with the synagogue at all times.
- Ability to handle financial concerns with congregants and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Attend Financial Committee meetings
You will be part of a busy and vibrant team:
- Work cooperatively with office staff to provide coverage of phones and doors and greet visitors.
- Attend weekly and monthly staff meetings and lunches.
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting Degree or related experience
- Must have team spirit and positive attitude
- Strong Experience working with Quick Books, Microsoft Office Suite, Membership processing software (ShulCloud or equivalent)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based on experience
- Health, vision, and dental insurance available (with employee contributions)
- Temple membership
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time