Organization: Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
Location: Hybrid Position (3 days/week in downtown Seattle office, 2 days/week remote)
Hours: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Foundation Operations Manager
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is searching for a self-motivated and organized professional excited to help provide administrative support for a nonprofit. Do you enjoy getting all of the details perfect and have strong communication skills? We are excited to announce an opening for a full-time position which includes a generous benefits package. We are looking for a dependable candidate who is a team player to fill the position of Foundation & Administrative Coordinator.
Why We Want to Work with You:
You’re excited about the mission of the Jewish Federation in Seattle. You hold the big vision and the day-to-day details in mind simultaneously. You strive to make sure everyone on your team knows they can count on you to get the job done, not just getting by with minimal effort, but exceeding expectations and “astounding” the team. You can juggle (metaphorically if not literally). You love to organize unrelated tasks to ensure deadlines are met. You can identify issues with a process and find creative ways to streamline your work. You’re intensely curious, eager both to learn new things and to regularly question your own assumptions.
Why You Want to Work with Us:
You want to work with a team of professionals that center its work on our organizational values: collaboration, integrity, respect, innovation, and community.
As the Foundation & Administrative Coordinator you will serve as a “utility player” processing grants and investment instructions, entering payroll, and being at the front end of Federation’s donation recording process.
You will have the opportunity to learn about a wide-range of functions including Jewish philanthropy, Board of Directors & committee support, human resources, and the office operations of a thriving Jewish Federation. You will work with an accomplished and diverse team where each individual is committed to their own development as well as to that of the team.
We lead a strong Jewish Puget Sound by serving as a community voice, strengthening connections to Israel and World Jewry, and making investments in Jewish life, for today and the next generation. The Federation was founded in 1928 to serve the Jewish community, locally and around the world. Our focus is ensuring Jewish continuity and our work is anchored in Jewish values. Since our founding, the Federation has been at the forefront of meeting our community’s wide-ranging needs, fulfilling aspirations, and working to assure a strong future for Jewish life.
To view the full job description please visit our website, www.jewishinseattle.org
Who You Are:
- 2 years minimum office administration experience, providing a high level of support. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comfortable command of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel, as well as other technology tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills; team player within a diverse working environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to learn quickly and set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage and organize multiple tasks and competing priorities, to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining constant attention to accuracy
- Dependable and prompt
- Able to anticipate, identify, analyze and solve problems
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle all situations in a calm manner
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong follow through skills
- Strong customer services skills
- Experience with nonprofit organizations a plus
Compensation: $38,000+ commensurate with experience. We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403(b) and 401(k), 15 days accrued vacation days, 5 days accrued sick leave, 16 paid national and Jewish holidays in 2022, and a hybrid work environment. (Note: Paid holidays are determined annually which include 8 national holidays with Jewish holidays determined by the Jewish calendar)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume in PDF format, along with:
A cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to [email protected].
Please respond to these two questions in your cover letter:
- What excites you about working in a support role at a non-profit?
- What specific expertise and experiences will you draw on to do the job?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the Federation website (www.jewishinseattle.org) to gain insight into our mission and impact. No phone calls please.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Employees of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the two-week waiting period following initial inoculation) and COVID-19 boosters as recommended by the CDC. Employees are required to present written evidence that they received an FDA-approved vaccination against COVID-19 unless an employee has a legitimate justification for not being vaccinated and is granted an exception.