Camp Solomon Schechter is seeking a dynamic and organized Events Coordinator to join our team on a part-time, temporary basis. The Events Coordinator will be responsible for planning and executing two significant events in celebration of our 70th anniversary. These events include a fundraising event on May 5th, 2024, held simultaneously in three different cities, and a celebratory event at our camp location on July 21st, 2024. This position requires a creative and detail-oriented individual with excellent project management and communication skills.
CSS has a 70-year tradition of fun, friendship, and Jewish education in the Pacific Northwest. We value each child as an individual and strive to support their social, emotional, and spiritual growth. Our campers have the opportunity to be independent in a safe and nurturing environment. We encourage every camper to try something new, make new friends, make good choices, and grow as leaders and as individuals. CSS is a fully immersive, welcoming, and spiritual Jewish environment.
CSS is also the home of OSPREY Camp Outdoor School and the Stampfer Retreat Center, which is the perfect setting for conferences, retreats, and special events from mid-August through mid-June annually. The Center provides a welcoming, safe, and fun camp environment, steeped in the values of integrity, respect, and equitable treatment. Our natural setting, open to all, is a unique and inspiring environment that promotes a sense of community and personal growth through art, culture, sports, and environmental education.
- Event Planning:
- Develop and execute comprehensive event plans for the 70th-anniversary camp celebration event.
- Coordinate event logistics, including venue selection, catering, transportation, entertainment, and accommodations.
- Create detailed event timelines and schedules to ensure smooth execution.
- Budget Management:
- Develop and manage event budgets, tracking expenses and ensuring cost-effective planning.
- Help secure sponsorships to support the fundraising gala and event offset costs.
- Vendor and Supplier Coordination:
- Identify, negotiate with, and manage vendors and suppliers, such as catering, entertainment, decorators, and transportation services.
- Ensure all contracts and agreements are in place and followed.
- Event Promotion:
- Collaborate on and develop marketing and promotional materials to publicize the events.
- Manage event registration, ticket sales, and guest lists.
- Logistics and Operations:
- Coordinate event logistics, including transportation, setup, and teardown.
- Oversee event staffing and volunteer recruitment, if necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant permits and regulations.
- Guest Experience:
- Plan and execute a seamless guest experience for attendees.
- Address guest inquiries, concerns, and special requests.
- Program Development:
- Work with stakeholders to develop event programs, agendas, and entertainment options.
- Create engaging and memorable experiences for attendees.
- Reporting and Evaluation:
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate the success of events.
- Provide post-event reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Communication and Coordination:
- Maintain clear and effective communication with team members, volunteers, and event stakeholders.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to create promotional materials.
- Proven experience in event planning or coordination.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and event planning software.
- Creative problem-solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Knowledge of local event venues and suppliers is a plus.
Duration: 12/1/2023 – 7/31/2024 Hours: 8-10 hours/week
This position is a part-time, temporary position ($15,000 contract - 1099). Please submit your cover letter, resume, and any relevant portfolio materials to [email protected] by November 17, 2023. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
We know many candidates, especially women and people of color, do not apply to jobs unless they meet all required qualifications. If you meet most qualifications and believe you would bring the skills and approach we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
Camp Solomon Schechter is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, age, religious belief, political ideology, national or ethnic origin, disability, actual or perceived medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.