The Jewish Federation of the Greater San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys is looking for a highly motivated, detail-orientated, team-player to be our next Programming and Community Outreach Director. This person will handle all aspects of many of the organization’s programs and services.
Under the supervision of our Executive Director, the Programming and Community Outreach Director will be responsible for furthering the organization’s mission and vision through the programs and services they will oversee and coordinate.
• Plan, develop, manage, implement and evaluate current programming, including, but not limited to:
o Jewish Book Festival
o Every Person Has a Name
o Super Sunday
o Annual Meeting
o Special programs
• Manage the Jewish Counseling and Referral Network (JCRN). Tasks include:
o Conduct intake interviews of phone calls to help determine community member needs
o Refer community members to available community services
o Liaison with community partners and agencies on social service-related programs and opportunities
• Oversee and manage program committees
• Recruit, train and supervise committee members and volunteers
• Work with Operations and Communications Manager to ensure that their respective programs are marketed and promoted in an effective way
• Monitor income and expenses for portfolio-related programs and services
• Conduct strategic fundraising asks of community members
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
• Planning/organizing — experience planning, implementing, and managing multiple programs. Strong time-management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize and plan work activities is a must. Experience working with committees and its members is a necessity.
• Quality control — the individual must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Interpersonal skills — proven personal integrity, maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas, exhibits willingness to try new things, and ability to work with a variety of different people and personalities
• Oral and written communication — strong verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptability — ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability —follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Other desired qualities — at least three years of program development and implementation experience. Social work and/or counseling experience is a plus. Positive attitude, sense of humor, team player, understanding of, and passion for, the organization’s mission, able to see the “big picture”, and a working knowledge of Jewish holidays, religious practices, and terminology.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position is THREE-QUARTERS time. Depending on a candidate's experience, the annual salary for this position ranges between $45,000 to $50,000. The Jewish Federation offers paid vacations, holidays, and the possibility of additional benefits.