About the Organization
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Young Leaders campaign director is responsible for creating, implementing and driving strategies that target young Jews in their 20s and 30s. The campaign director has broad oversight of the areas that target donors and prospects in this age category, and provides overall strategic direction for increasing donor engagement, involvement and giving.
1. Develop vision and provide strategic guidance to Young Leaders lay and professional leadership to enhance community outreach and donor and volunteer engagement.
2. Engage high-end prospects and donors, developing their commitment to Jewish philanthropy and community and ensuring ongoing significant financial support for UJA-Federation and involvement in Jewish community.
3. Provide overall management to reports by coordinating staff assignments, fostering teamwork, directing and coaching, setting expectations, and providing performance feedback and career-development opportunities to attain individual and departmental goals.
4. In collaboration with other FRD divisions, ensure that constituents from target age group receive appropriate cultivation, referral, and placement within FRD areas and the broader organization.
5. Build positive UJA-Federation brand awareness among targeted age group of Jewish New Yorkers.
6. Develop new models of “community” and opportunities for philanthropic and Jewish communal involvement, investing deeply in these individuals and groups to ensure long-term, significant giving and involvement.
7. Develop and maintain a system of tracking and transitioning donors through UJA-Federation’s system and the agency system.
8. Develop infrastructure for Young Leaders Executive Council that will work with professionals to identify and cultivate relationships, develop effective and appropriate events, and strategically plan for the immediate and future campaign.
9. Create new, innovative models for giving and involvement for those with a significant capacity for giving and leadership.
10. Work closely with partners organizations like JFNA on National Young Leadership Cabinet and Birthright Israel for the recruitment and participation of program participants and engagement of alumni.
11. Champion the mission and needs of the division within and outside the organization.
12. Develop, review, and monitor operating budget to maintain accountability and ensure fiscal responsibility.
· Master’s degree preferred
· Eight plus years of experience running a successful fundraising campaign
· Strategic planning skills, multi-tasking ability and strong organizational skills
· Creative thinking and ability to be a team player
· Experience in leadership development and mentorship
· Deep understanding of the value and nature of the lay–professional relationship
· Strong knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community
· Strong negotiation as well as consensus building skills
· Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, leadership, collaboration, and writing skills
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.