At a time of tremendous growth and opportunity, Temple Beth Shalom seeks an experienced Accountant & HR Administrator. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding accounting skills and can multi-task with changing priorities in a collaborative, non-profit environment. This position is responsible for the management of the financial data of this organization, including analysis and reporting, and interacting with staff and members on communication of charges, researching and resolving questions. HR responsibilities include payroll management, maintaining compensation and benefits packages, and updating employee records. This position reports to the Controller and partners closely with all Temple Beth Shalom staff, clergy, lay leadership, and membership.
This position is a full-time, salaried position with the typical hours being Monday through Thursday from 9:00am - 5:00pm and Fridays 9:00am-3:00pm. Our current competitive salary offering is a range of $73K - $80K based on experience and skill set. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, sick time, etc.
Payables Responsibilities through Quickbooks:
- Post transactions, process invoices, and verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records.
- Schedule payments and prepare payment schedules for the Controller.
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Prepare checks for signature complete with backup and mail checks.
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization’s financial documents for payment, auditing and tax purposes.
- Enter charges, payments and donations into the membership database.
- Process accounts and payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Maintain the ADP Workforce Now payroll system and process bi-weekly payroll for employees, along with time off policies and balances.
- Conduct annual 1095-C reporting.
- Maintain all Payroll Deductions accurately, including Medical, Dental, Aflac, and Flexible Benefits.
- Keep integrity with salary calculations and changes.
- Prepare 1099’s at year-end.
- Prepare invoices for membership, fees, tuition, and other categories.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve client billing issues.
- Maintain a Paypal
- Enter members into the database and make adjustments regarding changes in status, billing type, and payment plans.
- Reconcile and maintain documentation for accounts and provide to auditors as requested.
- Run and create regular reports, analyze data and synthesize for financial reporting.
- Proficiency in SalesForce, ADP Workforce Now (or comparable payroll management systems), Quickbooks, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong experience working as an Accountant
- Ability to review reports and analyze data
- Detail oriented and able to maintain meticulous records
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset
Temple Beth Shalom (TBS) is a warm, vibrant and diverse community of individuals and families. We are united in a dynamic, ongoing relationship by a desire to embrace the values, traditions and teachings of Torah through the lens of Reform Judaism. Through worship, celebration, lifelong learning, and service to others, we seek to inspire spirituality, nurture personal growth, promote social justice, deepen Jewish experiences and enrich the life of each member. At TBS, there is a place for everyone. We share our stories with, learn from, celebrate with, and support one another - recognizing that in true community we walk life’s path together.
TBS is a community of over 1,000 households and growing with an operating budget of $10.5M. Our team consists of a 5-member leadership team (two senior rabbis, three senior directors), 80+ full-time clergy, education, and administrative staff, and a dedicated body of lay leaders and volunteers.
TBS welcomes applicants of all backgrounds and identities. Please send resume and cover letter to Senior Director of Operations & Engagement, Joelle Schatz, at [email protected]