Eden Village West is hiring an Office Manager. This is a dynamic position that is a key member of the Eden Village West team and is responsible for running many important parts of camp. The Office Manager is the face of camp during the summer, manages the summer office, parent communication, camper travel, check-in and check-out days, and more.
About Eden Village West
Eden Village West is an organic farm-to-table residential Jewish camp in Sonoma County, California with a 6-week overnight summer program as well as other farm programming throughout the spring and fall. Our campers enjoy farming, wilderness and homesteading skills, culinary arts, music, and sports as they become empowered to promote a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world for all.
- Maintaining an active and warm correspondence with parents and camper families
- Soliciting, collecting, and organizing all camper and staff forms
- Prepare camper and session reports; Provide program staff with enrollment information
- Organizing the summer office, daily sorting and distribution of mail to campers and staff, coordinating incoming deliveries, and sending out mailings
- Staffing reception assuring all persons coming into the office are greeted in a welcoming, professional, and courteous manner
- Making positive impressions as the first person whom parents and donors see and speak with when they come to Eden Village West
- Ensuring the phone system is current and functional
- Managing lost and found
- Assisting with camp communications
- Eden Village West has a small year-round and summer staff. This position requires flexibility, a willingness to learn new skills and take on responsibilities outside the Office Manager published job description when needed.
- Live in residence at camp in Healdsburg, California from June 6 - August 4
- Excellent communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, excited to try new things, generous, willing to be silly, flexible, creative, caring, and able to maintain a positive team attitude throughout a full work day
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience a deep community with a vibrant staff of 75 young people from all over the world! Our community values skills sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have a secret little room just for staff snacks…and a not-so-secret not-so-little FARM full of fresh off the vine snacks! We’re munching on cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, peaches, cherries, carrots, and so much more all summer long.
- You get to hang out with goats and chickens!
- We have at least one staff fun activity every night and staff-only swim a few times a week.
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Dates: June 6- Aug. 4, 2022
Starting Compensation: $3000 (DOE) + Room and Board
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and at least 1 hour off every day