Position Description: Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Marketing Director
Classification: Full Time / Non-Exempt
Diverse and inclusive, the Jewish Federation, Foundation, and JCC of Greater New Haven are a force for good in our local community, in Israel, and in more than 70 countries around the world. We reach thousands in our community through outreach activities, cultural & educational events, and health & wellness offerings. Our annual campaign raises funds to strengthen the Jewish community and provide for children, seniors, and families in need.
The Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist is a critical role at the Jewish Federation and JCC of Greater New Haven and a key member of the Marketing team. The Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist will be an experienced digital marketer with a passion for building community through social media and the web and interested in making a positive impact and will implement content strategy and drive engagement with the Federation/JCC brands across social media and our websites. This person will be responsible for understanding and growing our audiences while amplifying the organizational brand on social media to expand and enrich our networks.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Implement year-long digital marketing strategy including managing our web presence and social media channels in the digital canvas
- Achieve strategic marketing goals related to research, campaign development and execution, paid advertising, social media metrics, email and marketing automation.
- Implement the strategy by crafting multimedia content
- Tailor content to specific platform(s) and audience(s), optimizing posts/activity for visibility and engagement
- Timely monitoring of our social media channels and those of partner and related organizations, and responsiveness to any inquiries, comments, or messages
- Monitor general news and responding to developments in real time
- Regularly track and report on performance (e.g., engagement, retention, growth),
- with analysis and actionable insights
- Review and approve community calendar submissions from internal and external organizations, review conflicts with supervisor and make updates to internal submissions.
- Design and implement donation pages, event registration pages, and general webpage updates
- Support and attend events, as needed, with technology and photography, as well as other tasks as required.
- Other Responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Prior professional experience in social media management, preferably at a non-
- profit organization.
- Experience working across various social media channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms as relevant
- Experience with front end web design (html, CSS)
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to navigate the needs and priorities of multiple stakeholders, particularly in fast-paced environments
- Confidence in utilizing social media publishing, listening, and analytics platforms/tools strongly preferred
- Proficiency in photography and photo editing preferred; video editing/production experience preferred
- Excellent time and project management skills; detail-oriented
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 and Google properties
- Serve as a team player with positive attitude and sense of humor with the ability to work collaboratively and showing excellence in execution of their own portfolio.
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Experience with Jewish communities a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, or related
This is a full-time, on-site position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume to: [email protected]
The Jewish Federation, Foundation and JCC of Greater New Haven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.