About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Real Estate Division is a fundraising division at UJA-Federation of New York, raising approximately $18 million annually. The Assistant Director is responsible for helping to formulate long-term strategy for this division as related to engaging key industry leaders and companies around their involvement with UJA-Federation.? The Assistant Director manages several fundraising portfolios that include individual and corporate engagement as well as managing engagement and fundraising events.? In addition, the Assistant Director supervises two fundraisers whose portfolios include the Young Real Estate Division (REX); Hospitality; Design & Construction; Wine and Spirits; Young Hospitality; and Young Wine & Spirits. The Assistant Director is a key member of the Real Estate management team.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan for your portfolio, including developing goals and objectives, facilitating the increase of dollars raised and identifying new areas for expansion with a goal of cultivating and soliciting major donors and prospects.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising events including solicitations, coordination with various internal support groups, and honoree engagement.
- Oversee the implementation of donor engagement plans for donors and prospects to enhance their connection with UJA-Federation in a meaningful way, moving them up to the next level of giving.
- Utilize appropriate donor research and internal resources to capitalize on fundraising opportunities within all UJA-Federation products and segments, including Planned Giving & Endowments and Capital & Special Initiatives.
- Provide overall management to direct reports by coordinating staff assignments, fostering teamwork, directing, coaching, setting expectations, and providing performance feedback and career-development opportunities to ensure that individual and departmental goals are attained.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years of fundraising experience
- Prior management experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and analytic abilities
- Experience coordinating events
- Ability to initiate and follow-through on self-defined goals and objectives while remaining part of a collaborative team.
The salary range for this role is $100,000 to $104,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.