The Administrative Assistant serves as a contact between the Consul General\Deputy Chief of Mission\Chief Administrative Officer, consular staff, department directors, and security team members. The incumbent is responsible for the overall organization of internal office affairs, outside contracts, and logistical management of the CG\DCM\Chief Administrative Officer's day-to-day affairs.
The position is full-time and is located in Miami, FL.
Support the CG\DCM\Chief Administrative Officer with carrying out daily functions, including, the following responsibilities:
- Handles the filing of all paperwork for the Consulate with the US State Department & Office of Foreign Missions
- In charge of fulfilling invoices and negotiating contracts
- Coordinate meetings for the CG\DCM\Chief Administrative Officer
- Maintain Outlook calendar, schedule appointments
- Managing communications and formal correspondence for the CG\DCM\Chief Administrative Officer
- Drafting talking points and speeches
- Planning events and coordinating logistics
- Assist with various academic, cultural, and political projects and events
- Serve as a liaison between department officers and executive staff
- Perform general administrative duties (typing, filing, scheduling meetings, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, distributing mail, working with providers)
- Provide administrative support – responsible for basic office administration, such as timely completion of travel arrangements, preparation of event budgets, and other secretarial tasks
- Possible support at times for other Senior Staff and other duties as assigned
- Interested in and knowledgeable about international politics and foreign affairs
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills; must be able to multitask under time constraints in order to meet deadlines
- Advanced computer office suite literacy
- Strong research and writing abilities
Applicants must be fluent in English (strong preference for applicants who also speak Spanish and Hebrew).
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Job Type: Full-time, Annual Salary: $40,000.00 - $48,000.00